Just saying hi from Birmingham

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Villalad1

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi all just popped in to say hello and love the forum.
My name is Mat and I'm looking to keep bees at home in my garden or on my allotment.
I been interested in bee keeping for a long time now and I've finally took the plunge.
I've started a bee keeping course with Solihull & district beekeepers association (introduction to beekeeping) and I'm finding absolutely amazing.
It has only been two weeks into the course and I'm loving it.
The tutors are very nice and make you feel at ease.
I'm looking forward to going to see the apiary and all that is involved.
I've got myself a Haynes bee manual that I'm reading at the moment and finding very good.
I will be joining the Warwickshire beekeepers association and any other clubs/associations I can find in Solihull/Birmingham area so if you know any please let me know, I intend to gather as much info as possible before I get any bees.
I hope to be an active member of this forum so please excuse any daft questions :)
Thanks in advance for any help
Mat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Villalad
Welcome to beekeeping.
Most of us cope well with "daft" questions so please, ask away.
Cazza

Thanks Cazza I'm finding there is a lot to take in so daft questions is all il have lol

Welcome from another relative newbie ... you are going the right way about it. Read. read, learn, read, think, think and then like the rest of us - get it wrong most of the time. Good luck, whole new ball game once you get your bees !

Hi Mat,

I did the course at Solihull last year. I now have bees at the bottom of my garden. And my names Matt.

Welcome aboard.

Matt

Hello from Manchester

Welcome to the forum - new to bee keeping myself and looking forward to my first year - good luck.

Mark

Thanks pargyle il bear that in mind but I carnt wait for my first bees to arrive but as u say I'm going to read and learn as much as I can first.

Thanks Matt how did you find the course? I just love it and very informative.
Only been there two weeks but looking forward to every Thursday night now lol and how are you getting on with your bees all good I hope. Can I ask you how much room you have ie big or small garden as I have a medium sized garden and hope I have enuff room lol

Thanks mark and I wish you all the best with your bees.
I just carnt wait to get mine :)

Hi Villalad1 - Welcome and I wouldn't worry I'm sure all of us at some point has asked a daft question - although many might not admit it!! ;)

Hi Queens59 thanks for the welcome
As I said before this forum looks good plenty of info plus loads of banter :)

Joining Birmingham & District BKA would be worthwhile, they are really nice people and they have an Apiary in Kings Heath where you can keep a hive safely with other members, joining lots of regional association is good for networking.
Good luck.

Hi stevebrowning thanks for that I think il join I am also going to join Solihull branch as well I've been to a couple of meeting and they are very nice people plus they have years of experience between them and I need all the help I can get :)

Thanks pargyle il bear that in mind but I carnt wait for my first bees to arrive but as u say I'm going to read and learn as much as I can first.

Thanks Matt how did you find the course? I just love it and very informative.
Only been there two weeks but looking forward to every Thursday night now lol and how are you getting on with your bees all good I hope. Can I ask you how much room you have ie big or small garden as I have a medium sized garden and hope I have enuff room lol

Thanks mark and I wish you all the best with your bees.
I just carnt wait to get mine :)

Yes I really enjoyed the course but I never got round to joining the branch. Really should do that this year.

The bees are doing good, I put some fondant on the other day to make sure they make it through to the start of the season in good health, they looked like they were doing pretty well to me.

The garden is fairly big, its about 30 metres in length and I have sited them as far away from the house as I can, more for the neighbours than for me. Although both neighbours are more than happy for me to have bees at the bottom of the garden.

Latest posts

Back