June gap

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonforeman

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Does anybody feed during June for the "June gap" and if so what, when and how long for?

I know the weather was all over the place a few weeks ago but most spring flowering is done around here.

Everything, a little different this year, Climate change?

Does anybody feed during June for the "June gap" and if so what, when and how long for?

I know the weather was all over the place a few weeks ago but most spring flowering is done around here.

You don’t feed your bees anything unless they need it. What have they got? Have they got honey in any supers or in the brood box?

June gap lasts from 2nd week in June until the 2nd week in April here in the North East.

my autumn fruiting raspberries have flowered.

Haven't noticed a June gap for several years but, in the last couple of days, none of the hives I've been through have had fresh nectar - and Q laying reduced too. (No obvious evidence of swarm preps either....) Plenty of (apparent) forage available.

Could it possibly be too dry? in Wales????

Haven't noticed a June gap for several years but, in the last couple of days, none of the hives I've been through have had fresh nectar - and Q laying reduced too. (No obvious evidence of swarm preps either....) Plenty of (apparent) forage available.

Could it possibly be too dry? in Wales????

I reckon it is
We haven’t had more than a splash for a month
Rain forecast from this weekend and into next week though.

Ha, we had enough rain to drown a duck on Sat & Sun nights.

Was round back loading up discovery and the bees are all over the First of the blackberry flowers.

Definite June slow down around me. Production hives where pilling it in for the last 5 weeks or so, noticeably less in there this week and flyers seeking entrance to extracting room....something they rarely do when there is a decent flow on. Blackberries a few weeks away around here.
Rape finished at lower apiary, but a week or more to go at high ground apiary.

Latest posts

Back