Jenter kit Queen cells

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in the process with jenter. Even flow was over I continue to feed breeders ( honey, sugar syrup, fondants, pollen frames) and in jenter I got 85 larvae from first try ( I used 84 since that I planned). It will be further elimination on the bars and number will be smaller.
What I want to say, as I try to recall memory, I had maybe once problem to queen lay in jenter - but that was I think without any prior preparation ( no scenting, feeding, late in season..).
I place queen in jenter, after 24 hours releasing ( if have time I check in meantime did she laid ( 12 -14 hours usually after closing in jenter). Bees never cleaned larvae also, usually since I release a queen I lift jenter above qe between 2 frames of open brood to have easier job to take larvae.
This season again I barely found time to have one proper qrearing cycle ( time issue). If able I won't hesitate for late one cycle ( that is scifi more than possibility..).

Quickie from today.Will see how will goes further. Jenter in other breeder if I manage with time to finish cycle properly, if I don't try will always think why I didn't..

Attachments

• Picture 091.jpg
    Picture 091.jpg
    489.1 KB
Last edited:
You got some nice looking cells there, do you put cages over them once sealed? I'm going to attempt another batch next week possibly.

Latest posts

Back