Jarring Machine

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMH

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Used my jarring machine for the first time today.

What an incredible time saver.

A few operator errors but once I iron those out, it's pretty much the perfect solution for a small scale operation like mine.

https://youtu.be/LYAuDSGJFO0

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Looks really good, keep us posted about ironing out the wrinkles please.

What a machine!

How many jars are you turning out this year?
No where near enough to warrant the machine! Next year will he kind to North Wales hopefully.

I just jarred 400 jars in 70 mins!

Looks really good, keep us posted about ironing out the wrinkles please.
Will do.

There is a knack to priming the pump but easily overcome with 2 people.

Filling from a settling tank with a conical bottom helps.

Having the settling tank outlet above the jarring machine inlet stops any air bubbles but it does work above it

Setting up the rotary dials is trial and error so a few spills are inevitable, after that, it was plain sailing.

I'll admit I'm jealous, jarring honey has to rank as one of the most mundane jobs in beekeeping.

Any labeling machine yet?

I'll admit I'm jealous, jarring honey has to rank as one of the most mundane jobs in beekeeping.

Any labeling machine yet?
I've bought a little manual labelroo machine. they are pretty neat.

Love it! Also love the fact its overkill right now. Start as you mean to go on though!
Most certainly! I hate buying stuff again when I could have just got something decent first time around for less.

I've bought a little manual labelroo machine. they are pretty neat.

I have one as well, I thought it was expensive for all it was at £200 but when you compare it to the ~8k for an automatic one it seems a snip. Might just be able to keep up with the dispenser whilst lidding and labeling.

A few operator errors but once I iron those out, it's pretty much the perfect solution for a small scale operation like mine.

Nice video but is there any need for the hose to be so long? Best having the honey tank higher than the dispenser to 1 help the honey to the dispenser and 2 to try and prevent air locks and 3 should clear the pipe more when the tank is empty maximising honey and less waste.

Nice video but is there any need for the hose to be so long? Best having the honey tank higher than the dispenser to 1 help the honey to the dispenser and 2 to try and prevent air locks and 3 should clear the pipe more when the tank is empty maximising honey and less waste.
I'm loathe to cut the pipe but will probably get a shorter one once I finalise the set up and locations. This was the first trial.

It doesn't make a difference really.. The machine is a pump. I had it sucking it out the top of the barrell earlier which was about 1m for it to pump up. worked fine.

I have one as well, I thought it was expensive for all it was at £200 but when you compare it to the ~8k for an automatic one it seems a snip. Might just be able to keep up with the dispenser whilst lidding and labeling.
I like the design of the labelroo but you're right, it's expensive for what it is...

8k for automatic is never going to happen!

What a fantastic bit of kit ..I live in hope that one day I might be able to justify buying one !

I’m with you - jarring although satisfying when done can be tedious, fully appreciate your approach to this ��
Did you look at the Swienty jarring set up, any differences? And also what’s the holding tank feeding the dispensing unit?
I heard of someone using an old Stannah Stair lift for elevating the settling tank over the dispensing head

I’m with you - jarring although satisfying when done can be tedious, fully appreciate your approach to this ��
Did you look at the Swienty jarring set up, any differences? And also what’s the holding tank feeding the dispensing unit?
I heard of someone using an old Stannah Stair lift for elevating the settling tank over the dispensing head

I find the Swienty kit is always far more expensive than the Lyson equivalent. Also think the Swienty version is a behemoth, this one comes with the mini turntable.

I'd seen a few videos of this one and knew it was my perfect for my needs.

I'm pumping out of the dual action 100ltr creamer/decrystalliser so can warm to 30c if needed to enable pumping.

I'm getting the guys at work to fabricate some steel stands for the creamer and settling tank to create some head differential but it works fine with negative differential as it's a pump, bit just a gravity fed suction device.

I didnt quite get your comment on this first time. That's genius! So its filled at standing height and then lifted up to its filling position. Very clever

My bottling machine was on a stand with the mechanism sitting below a tank that took roughly 100 lbs or so. When the tank was getting low and so the bottling was taking longer we just pumped more honey from the main 500lb tank in to the bottler.

What I am saying is a pump will give you far more flexibility.

PH

Latest posts

Back