Jar of honey packaging

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I'm selling my honey online .
How do others pack their jars of honey for safe postage?
Thorne sells polystyrene jar safe boxes, but they are £2.50 a pop.

Thanks.

You can buy any size box on line and a sheet of newspaper, or even better, white tissue, is all that us needed.
Why not get the box printed up with your logo. It is the presentation that gets repeat customers

I use 'smash-proof' mug boxes. They're double walled, so they're really well padded already, and then I just use shredded recycled card to fill the gaps.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373620443828?var=642629934280
They're great for one jar, and I usually just tape a couple of boxes together if I have to ship more than one because I trust these more than single-walled boxes.

I just ordered a jar of Honey from a well known Welsh Honey Farmer and looked at his packaging and where it was from.

As I understand if you sell online you do need inform your local Councils Environmental Health dept as scores on the doors is required.

I just ordered a jar of Honey from a well known Welsh Honey Farmer and looked at his packaging and where it was from.

As I understand if you sell online you do need inform your local Councils Environmental Health dept as scores on the doors is required.
In the USA, selling online requires FDA approval. I can't find anything like that for the UK.
Large-scale (150+ hives) honey producers do require Environmental health approval, in general, but small scale producers do not.

In the USA, selling online requires FDA approval. I can't find anything like that for the UK.
Large-scale (150+ hives) honey producers do require Environmental health approval, in general, but small scale producers do not.
I'm fairly sure that you need to be registered with your local TA for sales other than 'local'.
I think local counts as about 30 miles.

Latest posts

Back