Itchy hands - feet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I've had the pleasure of many a bee sting, normally some swelling, nothing more. This time and first time on the face, causing itchy hands and soles of feet. taken cetirizine, itchy easing. Should I be concerned about future stings, or could reaction be due to location of sting??

Something to bear in mind for the future. A number of years ago I had a rash, arm pits and groin but nothing similar since.

They can be so different. I reckon it just depends what nerve it hits!!!! Sometimes I get no reaction at all and other times the itching is so bad I could rip my limbs off!
E

Stung on face and itching on hands and feet indicate a systemic reaction. You need to be aware that this time your immune system went into overdrive. Next time could be back to normal reaction or more systemic. Perhaps take an antihistamine before going near bees next time. Be cautious.
Dr Ex

Something to bear in mind for the future. A number of years ago I had a rash, arm pits and groin but nothing similar since.

I had that, but from a wasp sting - totally different venom - very painful. Went to A&E just in case and ended up with intravenous, anti-histamine, cortisol and adrenaline. It was not anaphylactic shock, but was given an epipen and told not to get any more stings. So, back on double Marigolds with nitriles.

Had a similar issue first sting this year. It was to the back of the head and I had hives covering both legs and both arms - really quickly too. Lots of anti histamine and it calmed down. It made me really concerned about the next sting but so far had three more on my fingers with no reactions at all.

Had a similar issue first sting this year. It was to the back of the head and I had hives covering both legs and both arms - really quickly too. Lots of anti histamine and it calmed down. It made me really concerned about the next sting but so far had three more on my fingers with no reactions at all.

Good to hear. Many thanks.

Had a couple of nasty ones on hand, and another on back of leg. Both swelled a lot.

Some as soon as you get stung, you know it’s going to be a bad one.

I put it down to the bee being at her ideal maturity, sting-wise.

Latest posts

Back