Is this normal?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultreen1

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I've come home this evening, gone down to check the hive and I've found all these lethargic bees (some with pollen) at the entrance. A guard bee keeps coming out and checking the stationary ones. None of them are dead they just don't want to move. I did take some pics on my phone but can't upload. There's about 10 of them! Any ideas what it could mean?

Well I thought they had 2 frames of food but I've avoided delving in as it's so cold, I topped up the feeder on weds ( it was half full ) to the top.

If i find bees like that they come inside overnight in a small box with a little dampened sugar and i let them go in the morning :rolleyes:

I might just do that! As long as it's common I would hate it to be something serious! :hurray:

I might just do that! As long as it's common I would hate it to be something serious! :hurray:
Quite common in this country.

Unpredictable crap weather and they were cold.

I have noticed that temperatures these last few weeks have changed very quickly by one or two degrees. It could be OK when they go out but cold when they get back.

Latest posts

Back