Is the Elephant Man look in this season?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got stung on my ear the other day after getting three of the little darlings in my hood. No reaction other than the normal: Pain, giving way to itching and a little localised swelling to the ear....

My 7 year old has been stung on the head twice and also showed no reaction other than a little localised swelling....

Guess we are just in the lucky group that don't tend to react...

I got a number last year my forehead swelled like a Klingon from Star Trek ,. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Yes:iagree::iagree::iagree:

The Klingon look is in this season.

Did the same last year, stung on the top centre of my head. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Got stung on my left cheek and couldn't remove the sting as I was carrying out an inspection it was in for about 20 mins!! Massive swelling and the next day I was quite feverish and had two days off work!!
Got stung three times last week on my back and bum and only slight swelling and itchy for a few days. I guess my body is becomig desensitised

Heres my selfie and the annoying thing was who was stung at this acts BBQ - the beekeeper! Do bees know? Drinking Stella took off my sun hat no where near hives or bees not doing and inspection not wearing any clothes from earlier Apiray work!

Got trapped in my hair and bingo - stung! (maybe I need to get my hair cut short, Grade 1 all over!)

Have a laugh at this photo!

PS Maybe a sick day tomorrow, if I cannot see to drive to work!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Heres my selfie and the annoying thing was who was stung at this acts BBQ - the beekeeper! Do bees know? Drinking Stella took off my sun hat no where near hives or bees not doing and inspection not wearing any clothes from earlier Apiray work!

Got trapped in my hair and bingo - stung! (maybe I need to get my hair cut short, Grade 1 all over!)

Have a laugh at this photo!

PS Maybe a sick day tomorrow, if I cannot see to drive to work!

Oooo. That's a good one. It was just my cheek and neck that swelled, so from a certain angle I looked like a right porker (I'm not - that much anyway).

Hope it gets better very soon. The irony is equally painful I suspect!

if I cannot see to drive to work

An excuse. There are a lot of one-eyed drivers out there. Just need to turn your head a lot more.

At least it was the Beekeeper at the BBQ, and they know what to expect, others at the BBQ, claimed they get really bad reactions, blah, blah, blah...

I just drank more Stella! (and put my hat back on!)

Last edited:
A bag of frozen peas will reduce the swelling.

Thanks

frozen peas does not work for me, off to quack, for some steroids!

Went to the Docs to be checked, he was happy local reaction normal and prescribed steroids to control swelling so I could drive! And also prescribed a bucket load of stronger anti-hyst for me to take on inspection days or immediately after being stung at BBQs! As and when required at my digressions and just told to ask for repeat pres. If I want more.

got stung on the eyelid last week caused a massive swelling so wife made me go to the queen E Hospital the consultant wanted to put me on an intravenous antibacteria drip but i refused he also wanted to keep me in (no chance) so we compramised 1000mg of antibiotics 4 times a day and i had to go to the hospital every night to see him for four nights he also told me if i had any breathing problems or chest pains to dial 999 he did seem very concerned but inside a week i am back to normal (well almost lol) and even got suite and booted to catch two massive swarms in my garden (not my bees) so all good

Latest posts

Back