IMPORTANT Deadline for registration of poultry

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enrico

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Today, 1st October, is the last day to register your poultry on the .gov.uk site if you keep less than 50 birds.
Good luck with that. The site is inundated with people trying!

Last edited:
I guess because it is a legal requirement with a max £5000 fine or 6 months inside. Registration is free! Is it worth the risk?

I registered a month or so back because we have a neighbour who is the type to complain, purely out of spite. The whole site was useless for doing so. Didn't say what information was required or anything. I ended up just emailing them to say we kept about a dozen to a dozen and a half chickens.

James

I registered a month or so back because we have a neighbour who is the type to complain, purely out of spite. The whole site was useless for doing so. Didn't say what information was required or anything. I ended up just emailing them to say we kept about a dozen to a dozen and a half chickens.

James
Likewise. I gave them the CPH number from when I had sheep too.

Just messaged my daughter so she can message a friend who can message her parents (still following?) because they have a single pet hen and probably haven't even heard about the new rules.

James

Latest posts

Back