I'm a Noob, help me please.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oliver, Fred indicated that he wanted to use the feeder for early spring use as well - still cold nights at that point. I am with Admin on winter feeds, half a block of fondant on the frames with a super as an eke

Sorry for the confusion but I read it just as it was wrote:

Heat rises from the hive, warms the sugar in winter, you want that heat retained as long as you can (even if its only a couple of degrees difference the girls will thank you for it) and counter frosts if using the feeder for an early spring pep-me-up.

Regards, RAB

Thank you! oh I had to laugh at that, a migratory west country man! We get everywhere dun'us? Generaly speaking (I'm in what can best be discribed as the cornish ghetto, I.e,The clay area) its either sunny, or wet. so no real surprises, and cheers on those tips, soon put it to use! :)

Good point on the leaking, my dad wants to make a frame feeder, so, I think its just a experimental test time, but you are right, it won't be on for winter, thanks for the input!

half a block of fondant on the frames with a super as an eke

Latest posts

Back