If you could have a wish list

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dr S and M Abbeille - I don't know where I got 22nd Oct from, but at least I am clear now - the 12th Nov (advertised as Open Day) is the one when i can think about driving to Rand and spending my pocket money!

HelenX,

Probably better to await the winter sale than brave the scrummage. I once went to Wragby for a summer sale and have never gone back again. Don't intend to, either.

Probably finish up with things you don't want/need and spend more than you wished - needs a strong will to avoid that (or go to the sale in one of those tiny boxes on 4 wheels!). Or arrive too late and find the thing you really wanted has sold out!

Making an on-line order for what you require and getting it in early for the winter sale is likely easier on the wallet, I reckon. Free delivery too, if over a hundred quid - and for you, it is hardly worth the trip (just for the sale) if you were planning on spending less!

Regards, RAB

A piece of coal and an orange. :D

HelenX,

Probably better to await the winter sale than brave the scrummage. I once went to Wragby for a summer sale and have never gone back again. Don't intend to, either.

Probably finish up with things you don't want/need and spend more than you wished - needs a strong will to avoid that (or go to the sale in one of those tiny boxes on 4 wheels!). Or arrive too late and find the thing you really wanted has sold out!

Making an on-line order for what you require and getting it in early for the winter sale is likely easier on the wallet, I reckon. Free delivery too, if over a hundred quid - and for you, it is hardly worth the trip (just for the sale) if you were planning on spending less!

Regards, RAB

Thanks for this - you are saying the sort of things I used to say to the kids (when they were still kids!) I was right then, and you are right now!

I did think it might be an enjoyable outing, but the 'scrummage' word keeps coming up - I think I'll stay at home and write the list for the online sale!

Helen

"or go to the sale in one of those tiny boxes on 4 wheels!"

oi! still managed to fit 6 complete 14x12 hive set ups, plus the 5 jumbo green feeders that were already in it, and still had space for a couple of batches of frames if they'd had what i wanted. plus it doesn't spontaneously combust!!!

oi!

You would have been proud of the amount of stuff I got in that little Pogo. Shame it went to the big scrapyard in the sky. Only missing second gear was a measure of how stuffed full it could be, with the tail-gate up and things hanging precariously out the back, secured by a copious number of hive straps. The rear seat did not get incinerated in the inferno.

I included a Dartington - and it wasn't flat pack!

There are roofbars with the replacement, but I wouldn't dare try to load a full 14 x 12 broodbox (full with honey, of course:D) onto the roof.

RAB

Thanks for this - you are saying the sort of things I used to say to the kids (when they were still kids!) I was right then, and you are right now!

I did think it might be an enjoyable outing, but the 'scrummage' word keeps coming up - I think I'll stay at home and write the list for the online sale!

Helen

Its certainly an experience, but calms down quite quickly after people have marked their desired bargains, all quite jolly. I really enjoy looking around the shop as well though, well worth a look if you've not been there before

my wish list would be:

about 1 twentieth of the amount of propolis Hive 1 expended this year;

several more queens like my current Hive 2 queen, who is, so far, an angel;

peace on earth, :troll:or at least on this Forum!!

Latest posts

Back