Identifying a bee!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Ibbo

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
8 colonies
Hi everyone, I keep seeing a small black bee with whitish hair and would love to know what species it is. I'm doing this post from my phone so I can't put the pics on but if you message me on 07735408771 I will send you the two pics I managed to get of it. Thanks everyone

Lol

Yeah now that you guys have pointed that out it does sound dodgy lol. I'm doing all this off my phone so I'm limited for what I can do but I assure you I'm genuine. I promise you won't ever recieve any texts about how you've won the Nigerian lottery and all I need is your bank details lmfao

Sorry

Sorry about this but I need 10 replies to post the images I've found

Images

These aren't my pics but it is the exact same bee.

decent picture size if you click on it - shame it's in the unidentified section of that site.

Good luck, looks like an evil bee lol

good to see your post count has allowed picture posting, I am upset though as Id hope you were a nigerian prince unable to gain your inheritance without my help and bank details, I had already looked through the th***** catologue and picked out quite a few items to buy with my commission

I love the fact your bee picture is in the unidentified bee section of another forumnot worthy

When you click on the image you can just about make out 2 ocelli on top of its head between the compound eyes. Whether the third is hidden from view or it doesn't have a third you can't quite make out.

Interesting it has white hairs but a totally black body

Ashy mining bee, Andrena cineraria?

800px-Andrena_cineraria.jpg

Source photo Wiki.

Chris

It's a normal bee covered in soot to confuse the unwary ....(as in ghost bees)

Gets my personal vote for most entertaining Thread of the Week

Latest posts

Back