how much was your christmas tree

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£500,000.00... but did get enough Nordic firs to see me and the next few generations of our family supplied with trees....

ones rooted out have been replaced with local apple varieties... I still wonder why previous owner planted fir-trees in an orchard?

Wassail !

It might be something to do with the governments campaign in 1973. I think it's slogan was Plant a Tree for '73. Anyway it came with subsidies, a bordering oak woodland was felled in that year and replanted with firs. I think firs were a cheap tree to plant, and the oak could be sold. It made economical sense to do it that year.

Needless to say the firs are now near the end of their life and are dying and falling over.

I plant christmas trees each year and I pay aroung 20p each for them. I think that the subsidy on christmas tree production ended last year, which will make your tree more expensive this year. I'm not sure on that as I don't claim subsidies.

Last edited:
I thought you might enjoy my final solution to the problem. It was very cheap, but we had to go a long way to get it :cool:

IMGP2196.JPG

(Spot the partridge!)

Spot the partridge!

I'm more interested in the purple snake. Is it indigenous to Long Compton?

Back