Hospital waiting??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinL

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ok
I've been waiting for an x-ray for over 1 1/2 hours now!
Attended for appointment with consultant 2 hours ago.
Had MRI scan a month ago but apparently also need X-ray before my appointment.

Think he must have shares in the carjacking company!

Is this the norm for NHS???

Ok

That's fast.

It's when you die waiting you need to worry...

Next time take a book, put your feet up and enjoy the free time

Complain, after all you are paying for the service. Thats the problem with the British they don't complain enough and let services they pay for through tax and national insurance dwindle, know your rights and make it official

My son lives in New South Wales, Australia and when he needed an Xray, the doctor gave him a note of exactly what was wanted and he went to the scan shop in the nearby shopping centre, run privately but with procedures paid for by the public health insurance, and took the results back to the GP - all done in about an hour.

I go along with the NHS being free at the point of delivery - except this has not applied to dentistry, spectacles and eye tests, pharmaceuticals, and a few other things - but I'm not so sure whether all the providers should be state employees. There are some NHS trusts that are running with over 6% sickness (that's over 12 days a year for each employee), which could not be countenanced in the private sector. Oh well ....

CVB

My son lives in New South Wales, Australia and when he needed an Xray, the doctor gave him a note of exactly what was wanted and he went to the scan shop in the nearby shopping centre, run privately but with procedures paid for by the public health insurance, and took the results back to the GP - all done in about an hour.

I go along with the NHS being free at the point of delivery - except this has not applied to dentistry, spectacles and eye tests, pharmaceuticals, and a few other things - but I'm not so sure whether all the providers should be state employees. There are some NHS trusts that are running with over 6% sickness (that's over 12 days a year for each employee), which could not be countenanced in the private sector. Oh well ....

CVB

Wash your mouth out. Andy Burnham would have a hissy fit...:nono:

Had an ex ray the other day a note from my doctor walked into the local hospital and had the ex ray within 50 mins the nurse mentioned she wanted to show it to the consultant but he she or someone will call but nothing and that's the worrying bit .

:ohthedrama:
Are you still waiting martin........
Anything broken ?
Hope all is well

im off to the royal free hospital tomorrow two days wait there, im not worried how long it takes as long as I come out the other side ok.

thanks im in good hands, even with nhs as it is I have all the time for them , as many jobs there are some that don't cut it but overall what some of them have to put up with good of them (especially putting up with me I thought I would get that in first ) what we have in this country we should be grateful and hope the government's carry on .

Complain, after all you are paying for the service. Thats the problem with the British they don't complain enough and let services they pay for through tax and national insurance dwindle, know your rights and make it official

Here, here. :yeahthat:

:ohthedrama:
Are you still waiting martin........
Anything broken ?
Hope all is well

Nothing was broken, new knee required, worrying thing was the consultant said it's my other knee that is the problem!

Told him to fix the one that hurts first then I might think about it. Heard a few interesting conversations though,
one went like this;
"Well I felt the ladder starting to move so I sort of dropped the chainsaw in the other direction"! :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Oh, and the parking?
The machine takes cards only:sifone:

Nothing was broken, new knee required, worrying thing was the consultant said it's my other knee that is the problem!

Told him to fix the one that hurts first then I might think about it. Heard a few interesting conversations though,
one went like this;
"Well I felt the ladder starting to move so I sort of dropped the chainsaw in the other direction"! :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Oh, and the parking?
The machine takes cards only:sifone:

5 months for your results? Wow that's fast. Can I have the name of your Doctor, he sounds better than mine? :icon_204-2:

Ok

That's Fast, I waited 7 weeks to go for an x-ray, I was then told, probably need a MRI scan, that took another 12 weeks, at the MRI scan, I was told, probably need another x-ray, to compare with the original x-ray, taken 19 weeks ago, 4 weeks later another x-ray.

Result - there is some new calcification possibly, there is a hairline crack, and that is the reason for your pain!

After waiting (27 weeks) that long, I didn't have any pain any more!

lol im still waiting for the initial appointment for my back did the discs in December got the appointment tomorrow. And I know I will need an MRI scan so that will be another 20weeks down here.

I wish I could afford private.

N...

one went like this;
"Well I felt the ladder starting to move so I sort of dropped the chainsaw in the other direction"!
:

been there done that ! chainsawing through a large willow branch, the rest of branch which the ladder is on jumps upwards and the ladder falls. I throw the chainsaw away and I land on the ladder. I'm hurt and the chainsaw is unscathed. Not an A&E job though.

I've been suffering for years with back pain, seen the consultant again a few months ago and was all geared up to finally have the operation only for him to tell me there's only a 18 to 25 percent chance of it working with the operation lasting 12 to 14 hours and then 9 to 12 months of work ( I work for myself ) gutted to say the least
Apparently I have four prolapsed discs which would mean rods and pins so there's not a lot they can do, but on the bright side I can carry on taking the pain killers and he says I'm not going to end up looking like a hunchback if I don't have the operation
The point I'm making is they can't fix everything unfortunately but I wish they bloody could

I left the NHS as house prices began to sour and Thatcher and the Thatcherites took a chain saw to the service.
Be grateful there is something of it left... because that is where anyone who " goes private" and needs proper care due to a medical bodge up will end up!

Yeghes da

There are several studies that highlight xrays/MRI's etc are not necessarily any help in trying to find out WHY there is pain. In one of the studies they took 100 pain free volunteers, aged from between 30 and 75, and took xrays of the spine. In a very large proportion of the xrays there were obvious signs of structural changes - eg osteophytes, bulging/prolapsed discs, collapsed vertebrae, narrowed vertebral foramina. If the xrays had been ordered for a patient who was experiencing pain then such 'abnormalities' would no doubt be blamed for the pain. However remember the xrays were taken of subjects who had NO pain/symptoms.
Don't get me wrong, xrays/MRI's can play a helpful role, but they are not the be all and end all. Many other factors have to be taken into account. These include biopsychosocial elements and learned responses, associative memories etc etc.
Its a very complicated area, pain, which is why it is so difficult to treat.

Latest posts

Back