Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wind born pollen gets stuck in honeydew and when bees collect honeydew then they will bring these pollens with it. If you look at honey containing honeydew under the microscope then you see pine and grass pollens in it (along with sooty molds, algae, crystals etc)

Definily made a difference for me. Always had problem with hayfever since a child but over the last couple of years since having my own source of honey not one sniffle :) might be a coincedence but I'm convinced

Not honey but since starting beekeeping and getting stung on fingers from time to time I no longer suffer with chilblains in winter. Might be a placebo and all in the mind but I'm sticking to it!

Not honey but since starting beekeeping and getting stung on fingers from time to time I no longer suffer with chilblains in winter. Might be a placebo and all in the mind but I'm sticking to it!

maybe it's because you wear gloves lmao.

Strange what people think works. hope is a powerful emotion.

Thanks Nige Coll you've made me feel even more nutty! Although there has got to be more to understand about bee venom given how people react differently to stings.

Wind born pollen gets stuck in honeydew and when bees collect honeydew then they will bring these pollens with it. If you look at honey containing honeydew under the microscope then you see pine and grass pollens in it (along with sooty molds, algae, crystals etc)

I have heard from professionals that there is no honey dew crop in UK.

wary replies every where lol. People can dive straight in for the kill lol

Possibly worth noting that these wind born pollen's and other bits (including nematode worms!) are usually found in addition to normal floral pollen's in honeydew honey. All the honeydew honeys I've analysed have been like this, including the famous German Tannenhonig (fir tree honeydew honey).
I think it's rare to find a honey that is made of 100% honeydew...but if you know different I would love a small sample of it.....or a jar....:)

I have heard from professionals that there is no honey dew crop in UK.
Shoot your professionals, there are honeydew crops obtained in the UK. Most producers jealously guard their sites!

Latest posts

Back