Honey Show

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim1606

House Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Have just got back from the honey show.

My wallet is lighter now i have a microscope and all the bits to go with it.

We got second place in one of the classes, so am chuffed at that. Never entered before and will be entering more shows me thinks.

Have just got back from the honey show.

My wallet is lighter now i have a microscope and all the bits to go with it.

We got second place in one of the classes, so am chuffed at that. Never entered before and will be entering more shows me thinks.

did you go to Tom Seeley's lectures?

"did you go to Tom Seeley's lectures?"

yes - "Getting Something for Free: The Design and Use of Bait Hives" - very happy as it was originally scheduled for sat afternoon when i'll be back home. makes up a bit for the loss of the other speakers.

may pop in for one of tomorrow morning ones too when i go to collect my winnings.

thought it funny when the Omlet Beehause fell to the floor off it's legs!!

"did you go to Tom Seeley's lectures?"

yes - "Getting Something for Free: The Design and Use of Bait Hives" - very happy as it was originally scheduled for sat afternoon when i'll be back home. makes up a bit for the loss of the other speakers.

may pop in for one of tomorrow morning ones too when i go to collect my winnings.

We may have crossed paths then I was there as well.

I was there today - Friday.

They still have the booking in table in a corridor right by the toilets - aaargh! As soon as someone stops to say hello to their friend the whole thing grinds to a halt!

And who was the lady in the yellow Crocs (shoes!) - about as helpful as a chocolate teapot when I approached her with a Workshop query?!

A good talk about Elf'n'safety and another on husbandry but only managed one Seeley lecture - the lecture theatre is way too small.

A quid for a can of pop is taking the mick - I guess we're a captive audience...

I did get a bright orange BB Wear full Suit fo 80 quid and a gross of 1lb jars and gold lids for £30 so worth the trip.

R2

Well at Least Weald Place Farm Bees did not have a stand in the Sales Hall, like he did last year

On the exhibits I see Chris B won a prize for his Honey Beer and the Schools entries were better than last time

did any one see the thermolite block hive at the show?

Yup, the Zest man, currently selling off his Nat boxes as he's seen the light. Different to his last offering at Stoneleigh.

Anyway my driving a £17 a piece bargain on apideas made my day (sad I know). Thornes were charging £30 :eek::eek::eek:.

did any one see the thermolite block hive at the show?

Yes, a sign there said "Flat pack available" which made me laugh.

The food was cold, they ran out of soup on two days and NEVER have the coffee - worse ever.

On the exhibits I see Chris B won a prize for his Honey Beer and the Schools entries were better than last time

Were his labels not completely at the same height? He did reckon that he stood a very good chance, but if let down by inattention to matching labels, then tut . . . :)

Well at Least Weald Place Farm Bees did not have a stand in the Sales Hall, like he did last year
They/he sponsored stuff though so he's listed in the booklet!

I haggled a free pair of runners off the irish guy (saved a quid), wish I'd heard of the Apidea discount...

Are Thornes expensive then? :)

R2

Back