• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Honey Extractor Rental

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo3

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I have a very nice stainless steel manual extractor that I am considering renting to local bee keepers but I thought I would test the water as to the amount of interest in renting an extractor. Any feed back would be appreciated. I am in Ashford, Kent.

That's a coincidence. Not one and the same, just come on here advertising, by any chance?

RAB

My husband is an experienced bee keeper but due to ill health can no longer continue his hobby. I was just trying to be helpful.

What a good idea.
I have a large extractor that can be loaned for a small fee and a deposit against damage.

I have a very nice stainless steel manual extractor that I am considering renting to local bee keepers but I thought I would test the water as to the amount of interest in renting an extractor. Any feed back would be appreciated. I am in Ashford, Kent.

Jo,

I reckon you'd get more interested at your local BKA. Ours offers an electric or manual for £5 per weekend, with a £5 deposit incase it's returned dirty. We don't cover damage.

Adam

I'd be interested in your offer in August, pity some of the contributors on this site are so negative, seems to run through bee keeping in general. seems to want to be a closed shop excluding new people learning the art unless paying through the nose for it.

lezzul,

some of the contributors on this site are so negative

Welcome to the forum if you are prepared to stick to the non-advertising policy clearly displayed in the forum rules.

Some personal advertising is permitted, but from contributors. At this present state of four posts between the pair of you (two each), it is litle wonder that some contributors are,as you say, negative towards 'just joined' members simply using the forum for personal gain or criticising the clearly worded policy.

RAB

Who's renting out stuff in Ashford? I know plenty would be interested in hiring the extractor, my students for instance. regards Jean

rab u are correct but u do come across as a nasty sod to them that dont know u, try nicer wording it m8ty :)

To be honest, any BKA worth it's salt should be loaning out extraction equipment and books etc free of charge to it's members IMO.

fox403,

Simply replying to the negative post from the newly joined member.

I was simply pointing out the new posters on here simply using the site as an advertising space, while many regular posters do not do that (they follow the rules). They lose out to the apparently often 'innocent' but (we find) commercial advertisers. If the rules were 'relaxed' there would be a free for all. The commercial advertisers getting free advertising, knowing there is a large audience. It would soon deteriorate to no better than continual spammers.

Just check back and you will find my initial response was good advice - that of contacting the LBKA - for a legitimate enquirer, and even Adam gave the same advice, but it seems to have emerged that post #1 was less than candid and post #2 looked to me to sidestep the 'coincidence', then we have lezzul coming along and sticking his/her oar in, suggesting the forum should be open to one and any advertisers and that it seems that beekeepers in general are unhelpful. I don't happen to like that. If that person had bothered to look through the previous postings they might have seen the huge majority of postings helping and assisting new beeks with the craft.

Plain, clear, unambiguous language is, by far, least likely to be misunderstood and/or conveniently ignored.

RAB

:iagree:
RAB has helped me out on numerous occasions with his posts and with private messages following queries that I have had.

Dave.

we all know rab is bee guru on here Dave i myself listen to him more than anyone else on here! and its not just rab i remember when greatbritishoney joined forum he got a lot of stick from forum members before had chance put his case forward... we don't have forum mods (which might be a good idea as member sizes has increased) so point the post to admin if it looks shady

Latest posts

Back