Honey bee Anatomy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your crazy,i think the best bit about beekeeping is taking the supers off when there full,then selling the honey.

No i don't think he is a star Mike,i think he is a man who has studied hard to find out a lot of the facts. and i wish him every success with his exams.

Okay admin,do i compare thee to a wet dream on a summers night,is that poetic or what.

Hi Hivemaker

Thank you for those kind words regards my exams, by the way I have had notification that I passed the BBKA Microscopy exam.
Whilst on the subject of exams I will be sitting Module 5 and 8 and that's me finished with the written modules.

As my Posting ID suggests I am crazy about any aspect of beekeeping and how to keep our bees as healthy as possible.

Regards;

Part 3 Basic Anatomy

In this setion we will look at the Thorax.
The thorax is the work centre of the honey bee and has 4 wingd and 6 legs attached to it.

If you have any questions please askaway.

Regards;

OK Frisbee

I will explain later on about the collection of pollen from plant to hive.
By the way what books do you have to help you understand beekeeping?

The final Part in External Anatomy see attachments.

Regards;

Hi Frisbee,

The reason I asked what book are you reading was you were not sure of how pollen is transfered from flower to pollen basket then into cells.
Surely the book you have by R.O.B. Manley gives details of the workings of the Honey Bee colony?
If there is a chapter on foraging or the requirements of the hive or collection of pollen?

If you can't find anything that informs you of the method of pollen collection then I'll write a brief resume.

Regards;

Hey Frisbee,

Your allowed not to know as your a newbee.

Regards;

Latest posts

Back