Hives adjacent to the south bound 42

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
Came north this afternoon and in the Motor Home am sitting a bit higher than a car and these hives are very conspicuous.

I would think I could lift them in oh..say 15 mins at night....

Owner beware.

PH

LOL PM me for details but with your back is this a wise move....LOL

PH

I cant see anything...... has somebody already taken them???:auto:

I spied around 10 hives yesterday less than 50 yards from a road with a nice open gateway on the edge of milton keynes, very easy to see as they are stacked high with 3 supers.

Hav seen some in the corner of a big garden next to the Thetford by pass.

Perhaps in the interest of theft prevention it might be better to not highlight on a thread the exact location of various peoples hives. 

Perhaps in the interest of theft prevention it might be better to not highlight on a thread the exact location of various peoples hives.*
thats why I didnt say they are near Tesco's bee-smillie

Well I mean honestly - beware.

If I were the owner of those hives I would be furious. And it's not as if I can say "oh thank you so much I'll move them this afternoon"

Unless I had land 3 miles away from their present location.

Well I mean honestly - beware.

If I were the owner of those hives I would be furious. And it's not as if I can say "oh thank you so much I'll move them this afternoon"

Unless I had land 3 miles away from their present location.

MK bee site, its just plain stupidty to have them on show with all the thefts thats been going on in other parts of the country, i could see a couple of places they could have been placed in the winter and no one would have been the wiser.

But there's a difference between having your hives in a stupid place to all of the internet community knowing about them too.

But there's a difference between having your hives in a stupid place to all of the internet community knowing about them too.

MK is a large place, if you could find them from what i have said about there location you are a better man than me.

Are they Beehaus hives?

Seeing as its MK they could be plastic like the cows. :smilielol5:

Them will be concrete cows in MK and real flesh at my site.

Last edited:
Chill out folks.

I posted my initial comment as I thought (and think) the hives are in a conspicuous position from the road and are in danger thereby.

Others have posted in the same vein. Namely for the common good not the detriment.

Relax.

PH

Maybe they're bait hives (for catching crooks)!
Not a bad idea actually - dummy hives with the underneath covered in some kind of indelible substance (like the purple stuff they use on bank notes).
No doubt already been discussed on another thread.

Chill out folks.

I posted my initial comment as I thought (and think) the hives are in a conspicuous position from the road and are in danger thereby.

Others have posted in the same vein. Namely for the common good not the detriment.

Relax.

PH

agree

it is the silly positions that put them in danger, i travel quite a lot and on a motorway south of london ( i will be discrete so as not to get more wrath) there is a line of 30 hives totally visible to all, they less that 100 ft away from the motorway and you can see them for hundred of yards

at least the ones we had stolen from near a motorway were hidden in a wood and could could not be seen, it was probably only the bee-keepers white suits that gave them away

they were on commercial frames so i hope they cross breed with some nice Essex blacks becuase they were Hawaiina queens and the F1' crosses can very fiesty

Latest posts

Back