Hive tools at dawn

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainCymru

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
I've been reading alot of posts on this forum , some excellent information and knowledgable people, however I do chuckle out loud when i read some of the arguments that kick off !I have never been to a face to face beekeeping meeting, but i can imagine the police being called to a church hall in deep dark Wales to break up a riot started by differing opinion on "brood vs brood and a half " 😂

I've been reading alot of posts on this forum , some excellent information and knowledgable people, however I do chuckle out loud when i read some of the arguments that kick off !I have never been to a face to face beekeeping meeting, but i can imagine the police being called to a church hall in deep dark Wales to break up a riot started by differing opinion on "brood vs brood and a half " 😂

Nah, it's just the effect of the internet. In the real world, words have consequences.

Nah, it's just the effect of the internet. In the real world, words have consequences.
Its one of life's oddities. By nature many of us are 'reluctant' to speak with strangers face to face for a variety of reasons. Ever tried speaking to a stranger about bees or anything else on the train? The keyboard seems to allow/enable a 'freer' type of 'conversation' without being concerned about the others ulterior motives, mostly. It helps of course that we are talking about a common interest even if there are many ways of achieving the desired result.

It's very tame these days. Time was when a decent bit of abuse could stretch over several threads and several months, and involve about half a dozen parties. I've often wondered whether certain individuals ever met.

It's very tame these days. Time was when a decent bit of abuse could stretch over several threads and several months, and involve about half a dozen parties. I've often wondered whether certain individuals ever met.

Fight fight fight!!!
I could sit down comfortably with my 🥤 🥤

To be fair I do like a witty take down on here occasionally ,even if I'm the target ,makes me laugh !

This forum is well behaved compared with many and is moderated reasonably. Arguments tend to be minor spats here.

I look forward to the next convention get together😉

Overall, whenever I have met beeks face to face they are extremely friendly people,
although in recent years I have observed that the subject of keeping the right type of bee, can result in, to put it very mildly, some unpleasantness between beeks; some of the accounts of these encounters seem so bad that I thought the stories I was being told were exaggerated, however having seen a beek screaming at another beek, and other worse stuff, I am aware there are a small minority that do not fit into the 'extremely friendly category.

Back