Hi

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArronD78

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello to one and all from Sittingbourne in Kent. Total beginner looking forward to starting my journey. Kind regards Arron.

Confucius said 'every journey, no matter how far, starts with a single step' - welcome, and let us know how the first steps are going.

Am currently looking for an beginners course in the Kent area to get me started! Does anybody know of any coming up soon?

Welcome to this wonderful hobby. I am a newbee (see what I did there) too and this forum is extremely helpful and people always keen to help. I have just finished my beginners course and it was fascinating, I am sure you will get the bug. :welcome:

Thanks bob, really looking forward to it. Just need to find a course near me have sent emails but no returns as yet.

Thanks bob, really looking forward to it. Just need to find a course near me have sent emails but no returns as yet.

Most association courses run over the winter months ... often starting in January with the classroom bit and finishing May/June with some apiary visits. There are several associations within distance of you, all under the Kent Beekeepers Association.

http://www.kentbee.com/

Until you have bees subscription is only a few pounds a year and you could join more than one association ... they will be doing Apiary visits during the summer I would imagine and you have an ideal opportunity to get hands on with some bees without spending anything on equipment or PPE - there will be suits you can borrow.

Give them all a ring - they may be a bit busy at present (if it's anything like the rest of us !) and may not respond too quickly to emails ...

Good luck ... it's a great hobby if you find you like it but best to dip your foot in the water before diving in !!

Hi thanks for the reply could you please explain what you mean by bee subscription?

Until you have bees of your own the subscription (ie: the fees you pay for joining/belonging to an association) are usually reduced as you don't have to pay for Bee Insurance which is normally included within your association subscription.

:welcome:
“Not all those who wander are lost.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hi, welcome to the forum!
I'm in Rainham, Medway so quite local to you :welcome:

Latest posts

Back