Hi From Hampshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beebuzz

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Returning to beekeeping after some time, this is Tim. Pleasure to be part of the forum to receive and give hopefully. Looking forward to meet somebody in the vicinity of Portsmouth, S Hampton, Petersfield...
:thanks:

Returning to beekeeping after some time, this is Tim. Pleasure to be part of the forum to receive and give hopefully. Looking forward to meet somebody in the vicinity of Portsmouth, S Hampton, Petersfield...
:thanks:

Four thriving associations in your area .. Fareham, Southampton, Meon Valley & Portsmouth. All very friendly.

Tickets (£12 in advance) available for South Hants Bee Convention on Sunday 9th March ... meet up with loads of fellow beekeepers there ...Held in Portchester Community Hall this year ... or come and see us at Fareham & District Beekeepers Assoc tonight in Crofton Community Centre, Stubbington .. 7.30pm. You'll be welcome ...

Welcome to the forum (and back to beekeeping).

The thing that may have changed while you have been away is that a lot of beekeeping management is now centred around varroa control.
Beebase has an excellent (free download) leaflet called "Managing Varroa" that, while not absolutely bang up to date, is an excellent starting point.

Welcome - I just moved to Locks Heath but my bees are in Stubbington :) I've been to a couple of the Fareham association meetings, they seem a friendly bunch apart from that Pargyle chap who is a bit of a weirdo :icon_204-2:

Welcome - I just moved to Locks Heath but my bees are in Stubbington :) I've been to a couple of the Fareham association meetings, they seem a friendly bunch apart from that Pargyle chap who is a bit of a weirdo :icon_204-2:

Well that's a marginal improvement on my previous reputation then !!:gnorsi:

Latest posts

Back