helloooo from Chester

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheepy

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hello everyone,

I got my hives tonight but want to have bees from the spring, which will give me time to put into practice all that I've read by following someone from local BBKA until the. It will also give me time to collect rest of the gear I need & to clean the hives, DEFRA suggest freeze, scrape & scorch, I've a big freezer & a new gas bottle )) Last year I had bees under my workshop (posh title for the shed) but they were the big round fluffy ones & only confirmed that my 3 year wish to keep bees is perfectly normal!

I'm looking forward to all the new stuff I learn pushing some of the old stuff out!

Sarah

There will be no old stuff left in there with the quantity if new stuff that is just about to blow your mind.....welcome and keep smiling, even when you are crying inside!
E

Hello ,hello from Chester!
Tatton flower show will have a marquee manned by the Cheshire Beekeepers , featuring observation hives, honey show etc.
may be worth a visit?
VM

Hello everyone,

I got my hives tonight but want to have bees from the spring, which will give me time to put into practice all that I've read by following someone from local BBKA until the. It will also give me time to collect rest of the gear I need & to clean the hives, DEFRA suggest freeze, scrape & scorch, I've a big freezer & a new gas bottle )) Last year I had bees under my workshop (posh title for the shed) but they were the big round fluffy ones & only confirmed that my 3 year wish to keep bees is perfectly normal!

I'm looking forward to all the new stuff I learn pushing some of the old stuff out!

Sarah

Sounds like a sound plan. Your local association will almost certainly run a basic beekeeping course over the winter and you will find this extremely helpful.

There's a 'sticky' in the forum sticky section for all aspiring beekeepers which is a good place to start.

In the meantime ... welcome !

thanks for the warm welcome, its bee-coming more exciting the more I find out! I've looked at the BKAs at Frodsham & also Flintshire District as I'm right on the welsh border & will put a request onto the mentoring section to offer an extra pair of hands for the rest of the season for anyone in the Chester area. If you know of anyone Sean that would be great.

I've decided to have a fence & gate around my hives to stop them being knocked by kids dogs etc but do about cats like to spend time sitting on top of them? He's a wannabe ninja & I hope that once the hives are in use his sense would be not to go near. My daughter suggested keeping children's antihistamine in the pet 1st aid box just in case.

Another question if anyone knows, does keeping bees rank as too high a risk in fostering children?

Sarah

Sarah

thanks for the warm welcome, its bee-coming more exciting the more I find out! I've looked at the BKAs at Frodsham & also Flintshire District as I'm right on the welsh border & will put a request onto the mentoring section to offer an extra pair of hands for the rest of the season for anyone in the Chester area. If you know of anyone Sean that would be great.

Sarah

Sarah

Sarah ? your gender flag needs adjusting I think !

Latest posts

Back