Hello from West Wilts

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyBunny

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Since I moved house just over a year ago I have been condsidering keeping bees. I joined the local Beekeeping Association, went along to an apiary meeting and undertook the Beginners Beekeeping Course all of which has reaffirmed my desire to get into beekeeping.

I've now got my equipment and a couple of hives all I need now is some bees!

I'm on the swarm list but I'm also considering buying a nuc locally; if any colonies survived last year.

Welcome, sounds as though you've done almost everything right! Now, as regards how long it took you to join the forum, and as for choosing this year to look for bees ... :rolleyes:

If the bunny in your avatar ate more carrots, it probably wouldn't need the specs :)

welcome grumpy bunny!

how west is west? There are a few of us in Wiltshire!

Thanks for the welcome everybody!

In my defence I only found out about the forum searching for Nucs for sale, and as for starting beekeeping this year, sheesh! It could be worse though, I could have started last year!

peteinwilts, I'm just to the east of the beautiful county town of Trowbridge and oddly enough Beanwood I moved from South Glos.

My avatar is taken from a birthday card my daughter made for me, hence the specs ... unfortunately no amount of carrots could overcome genetics in this case :)

Latest posts

Back