Hello from Spain

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodrigoAliod

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hello everybody, i am going to introduce myself: Spanish beekeeper and vet. I have loved bees since i was a child. My grand-granfather had bees and the passion for this insect has come to me in heritage. I hope to enjoy this forum, and learn a lot of UK´s bees, honey and beekeepers. And i will be glad to answer your questions about spanish beekeeping (If I am able to...)

Best regards and have a nice season!

Hola, Rodrigo. Was looking for beekeepers in Spain last year, but to be fair, that was Andalucia. Hope to get down your way some time as it is beautiful, too.

But how do you manage to keep 300 colonies and be a vet?

Hello psafloyd, probably you think that is too much work, isn't it. Well in my area there is no more job for a bee-vet. And now I want to manage more hives. To be honest, now there are 120 hives with bees and I have bought 300 langstroth more and this season I want arrive at 300 hives with bees. I love the idea of living enjoying my bees.

You will be wellcome at my home, of course.

Welcome Rodrigo, I look foward to learning about how you keep bees in spain.bee-smilliebee-smilliebee-smillie

Hello psafloyd, probably you think that is too much work, isn't it. Well in my area there is no more job for a bee-vet. And now I want to manage more hives. To be honest, now there are 120 hives with bees and I have bought 300 langstroth more and this season I want arrive at 300 hives with bees. I love the idea of living enjoying my bees.

You will be wellcome at my home, of course.

THank you, Rodrigo. I will be sure to look you up if I get over.

Thanks again you all. As I said, if I can help you in whatever you need, just ask.

Hola, Rodrigo. Was looking for beekeepers in Spain last year, but to be fair, that was Andalucia. Hope to get down your way some time as it is beautiful, too.

But how do you manage to keep 300 colonies and be a vet?

Did you find some? Saw these in the Alpujarras in November. Came home with some interesting Thyme, Eucalyptus and mountain honey in squeezy plastic bottles - a bit like modern upside-down tomato sauce bottles. Embossed with a honeycomb though, and pleasing lozenge shape - quite classy. Gets a bit tricky now it is crystallising though!

IMGP3521.JPG

Good luck! I used to live in Catalonia and kept bees in a Layens hive and then Smith hives.

Hello Leop,

I have been workin as a beekeeping technician in El Perello. Nice place for bees.
Regards.

I know it well! We used to go to the Fira de Miel every year. We lived near Falset.

Back