Hello from Malta

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malta Bee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi all,

My name is Ed and I am from sunny Malta

Got the bee bug 4 years ago starting off with 2 nucs purchased locally and now have 14 colonies from splits , plan to make another 10 splits this coming spring .

Enjoying the posts on this forum and learning from the more experienced bee keepers.

Welcome Malta Bee:.) Visited your beautiful country in '86 (I think, could've been '87), heard recently from a local Malteser that they havent stopped building out there since. Great to hear that there is still forage for honeybees:.)

Welcome to the forum, It's always interesting to read posts from beekeepers in different parts of the globe, and don't rub it in about the weather :nature-smiley-016: :sunning:

and don't rub it in about the weather :nature-smiley-016: :sunning:

My first expierience of Maltese weather in july adout 4 years ago resulted in cars being swept down the street in flash flooding! My wife made me leave my wooly jumper at home too.

Thanks all

Oscarmonster - St Andrews are

Icanhopit - Malta was a Britsh colony from 1800 - 1964. On 1 April 1979 the last British forces left the Island.

Justme - Yes we had a building boom but now it has slowed down as property prices have skyrocketed..... yes the bees still have plenty of space to forage :) will add a picture .... when i find out how

Back