Hello from Derby

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidendle

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi there

Brand new here, and finding my way around as interested in learning about keeping Bees. Im sure there is loads of info on here about it so looking forward to reading through posts. If anyone is in Derby and fancies explaining it more to me, or anyone has any other suggestions of things to google and read up on please let me know!!

thanks

Simon

Hi there

Brand new here, and finding my way around as interested in learning about keeping Bees. Im sure there is loads of info on here about it so looking forward to reading through posts. If anyone is in Derby and fancies explaining it more to me, or anyone has any other suggestions of things to google and read up on please let me know!!

thanks

Simon

Welcome, Simon. Make the stickies your first port of call and read everything as you will find it very useful.

Hello Simon. Welcome to the forum.

Simon

:welcome:

Hi
IF possible find somewhere you can experience handling bees before you commit to buying anything yourself.

Hello ! :welcome:
Try to find your local association and join it. Good luck.

:yeahthat:

They should still be doing inspections at their association apiaries now so they will probably invite you to come along. Plenty of time then for you to see whether you like the bees, see the kit and get advice on what to buy in the sales. they are also sure to have begiiner's classes over the winter you could attend so by the spring you should be up to scratch on the theory and maybe ready to have your own bees

I'm in Ilkeston so not too far from you, but I however am starting to learn too!
As you are in Derby, your second port of call (after reading the forum stickies), should maybe visiting the Markeaton Craft village (in markeaton park) and call into the honey pot.

Hi and welcome :welcome: You will find lots of information, on this forum but you must join a local club to learn the basics before you get bees. Mind you!! I used the net and a friend who was bee keeping, to get me going. :ohthedrama:

Latest posts

Back