Hello from Aberdeenshire

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malx

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Hi,
I've been browsing these handy forums for a while but only just now posting.

Will hopefully be taking my bees from their current residence back to my house in the next week or so. Have been helping/annoying a very knowledgeable beekeeper with his hives for the last two years to try and get my head around this hobby.
Having tried to make his buckfasts swarm he very kindly game me one of his other colonies so I'm hoping I can keep them over the winter :)

So, hello from NE Scotland.

Malx

:welcome:

I was dragged up in Macduff:)

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Macduff is on a really nice stretch of the coast Madasafish. I spent so many summer holidays up at Sandend which isn't too far from Macduff.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Macduff is on a really nice stretch of the coast Madasafish. I spent so many summer holidays up at Sandend which isn't too far from Macduff.

Cold..

The open air swimming pool at Macduff ## was so cold I remember my heart stopping when I dived in in May Since then I've been a member of the living dead......

## Tarlair now derelict I believe... http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/ref_no/3421

Just picked up my bees tonight and have placed them in their new home.

It's at this point I've pretty much forgotten everything I've learned about beekeeping over the last few years watching others.

Must resist the temptation to meddle with them until MAQ strips go on next week.

Hi,
Was it a beekeeping holiday or just a coincidence that they kept bees?

Cold..

The open air swimming pool at Macduff ## was so cold I remember my heart stopping when I dived in in May Since then I've been a member of the living dead......

## Tarlair now derelict I believe... http://www.buildingsatrisk.org.uk/ref_no/3421

Wow that is a well kept secret I lived in Aberdeen as a teenager and would have loved to swim there instead of the indoor pool in Aberdeen.

Welcome to the forum Malx.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back