Have you bought anything in the sales?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But husbands don't mind so much their ladies spending money on beehhives etc - it's a novelty to see boxes arriving that ain't got shoes in :biggrinjester:
:rolleyes: even better if we can sneek an extra pair or two of shoes amongst the other boxes and not get noticed ;)
:Angel_anim:oh thes old things iv had them for ages :smilielol5:

Hi everyone Ive put a post on my blog about the sales if you would like to add any of your knowledge to it feel free to comment and Im sure it will help any new bees

Admin edit;please do not link to own websites.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best part of a complete new hive from Maisemore¥ , just need the roof to complete it. And 50 DN4 from Wynne Jones. Lots to play with over the winter. ;)

I have bought a few things. And was encouraged to do so my OH. Strangely he's just acquired a huge amount of model aeroplanes - it's almost as if he was buttering me up encouraging me to splurge on bee stuff so he could splurge on stuff too.

Even better his mum gave me my birthday money early towards my purchases! :)

Arrived home tonight to find a huge pile of boxes all with my name on them..........HWMBO didn't ask too many questions - yet!

6 BB 10 4" roofs and 10 Qx after sieveing through them I have 2 A class (no Knots) BBs 3 B class (small knotts) 1 C class Carp quality. Roofs 4 A class 5 B class 1 carp but tin good. Qx all A class 1/2 price.

OK, lets turn this around.

Who hasn't got (and isn't going to get) anything at all in the Sales this year?

I'm in for half a dozen 2nd supers and 50 Manley frames for them, oh and a spare 14x12, roof and floor ... and, um, a few other bits and bobs...

/ so far ...

Me. And never have done in any other year.:rolleyes:

well, perhaps you build better hives than they do not worthy

ToM B was my source for brood boxes until he stop making then but for supers..the BBKA spring event sales of the big retailers was my main sources for supers

if a white landrover 130" arrives in January, it might be me asking you to make a few 14x12s

Two poly hives and two poly nucs, a load of 14x12 frames and super frames.
All from Pay-es.
Then I cut up the boxes into strips and rolled them into 50 smoker cartridges.
( I did check to make sure it wasn't non-flammable!):)

And today 4 mouse guards arrived....hoping they've got in under the radar. I was going to get frames at the Spring convention, are they cheaper now?

Went to the Rand sale and didn't get anything in the scrummage that was the rush for the thirds.

We came away with a car full anyway (And thank goodness we have a bigger car than we used to!)

Had a nice walk round the sale shop and the proper shop though.

Got some thirds supers in the amazing scrum at Thorzzz today along with lots of other bits n bobs that might come in one day;-) Looks like I will get 8 ok ones out of the 10. Would have loved to stay for the talks but had to be back home for work:-(

1st trip to rand pre ordered frames floor and roof.picked up 2 stands and bits and bobs had a lot of fun would loved to have stayed for talks but had to get home. will go again.

First time to Rand too. Went early, picked up pre-order then hung out next to some thirds supers.

Managed to get a pack of thirds in the scrum, then wandered around and picked up a few more things.

Overall a good fun day.

couldnt be bothered with the scrum, collected what I had pre ordered, got a couple of other bits, had a bacon roll and left

Back