Have you bought anything in the sales?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBeeHere

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
With lots the sales on at the moment I was wondering what sort of things people are buying?
I'v recently purchased some frames - seconds (14 x 12) and Manley supers along with a feeder and rhombus bee escape.

No my wife reads this so absolutely not, nothing at all ;)

I may be nipping to Wales though to see Jenkinsbrynmairs mum who takes in covert deliveries...........

Pete D

Just changed my password so yes.........

enough for 4 spare hives (14x12) and some other bits and bobs

Pete D

A new 14 x 12" brood box.
Was going to modify a standard BB to 14 x 12", but discovered it's too full of woodworm
:(

Pete,
It is not possible to 'nip' to Wales from Kings Lynn;)
She may notice that you're missing:D

Pete,
It is not possible to 'nip' to Wales from Kings Lynn;)
She may notice that you're missing:D

Its only a 4 hour cross country dash (each way) and I could maybe fit it in on a work day............off to see a supplier dear..........
Couple of months back I nipped to Chichester to pick up a bee related e bay purchase......... just happened to visit one of our factories there to look at some machinery.........
Last time though I met Jenkinsbrynmair at Heathrow and exchanged cash for goods in a car park under the flight path........
Where there is a will...........

I was a bit tongue in cheek to be honest as like last year my wife will be coming to the sales, she is good in a checkout tussle. I have pre ordered some stuff for this Saturday from Fawns and hope to get a couple of on the day specials
Pete D

bought some polly nucs from pa&ns and old feeder style seem good value for money .

From Stockbridge I bought 10 supers , 2 honey taps - £5 each, 10 honey buckets - £25 and 100 SN1 frames and one of those frame cleaner things for getting the wax out of the grooves (not sure if its any good but it was only £1.50)

A few more brood boxes, frames etc. from big 'T' sales.
A nice collection of Paines nucs with eke's.
Some nice Maisymore's floors and settling tank.

:sifone:

Will need to clear some more space in the garage, in preparation for the online sales though. :rolleyes:

Gosh you are all like a bunch of women off to the January Sales, hope your Ladies are not watching this otherwise you lot are in big trouble after Christmas :D

I cant hide my purchases from mine as i have no bank account. so it all has to go through hers if i order on line ;).

Frames and extra brood box from MM.

Anxiously awaiting arrival :D

I'm using profits from bulk sale of honey this year to purchase items in the Th0rn3s Rand sale next weekend ...

I'm buying 4 gimp pins ;)

There are lady beekeepers as well! i need hubby to carry what i have pre ordered and what i might buy this weekend.

Latest posts

Back