Hard day!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to my farm apiary today. First time for three weeks, due to inclement weather and plague restrictions. Last time i was there I expected to be harvesting, but it was a tad too early. Plenty of honey, but not all capped. Decided to leave it for a while, as it is a new area for me to be operating in. Best to be sure? This time, greeted by the usual frenetic activity seen on the other two sites. I had only gone down with some extra hive-benches and to do a light inspection. Despite the previous few weeks weather, I found out that all the supers were now totally stacked with mainly sealed honey. I already have jars and labels ready, but maybe not enough. I think that things are about to get even more busy!
I then dropped in to my allotments, where I also have hives, to water some greenhouse plants. What a mistake to make! A large swarm had landed in someones plot. As I practice very strict hive-population control there, I was pretty certain they were not mine. I dropped the swarm into a nuc-box, with a few bare frames, where they appeared to settle. A check of my hives confirmed that they were not likely to be mine. However, my half an hour 'drop in' had by then run into over two hours!

Back