Hard day!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to my farm apiary today. First time for three weeks, due to inclement weather and plague restrictions. Last time i was there I expected to be harvesting, but it was a tad too early. Plenty of honey, but not all capped. Decided to leave it for a while, as it is a new area for me to be operating in. Best to be sure? This time, greeted by the usual frenetic activity seen on the other two sites. I had only gone down with some extra hive-benches and to do a light inspection. Despite the previous few weeks weather, I found out that all the supers were now totally stacked with mainly sealed honey. I already have jars and labels ready, but maybe not enough. I think that things are about to get even more busy!
I then dropped in to my allotments, where I also have hives, to water some greenhouse plants. What a mistake to make! A large swarm had landed in someones plot. As I practice very strict hive-population control there, I was pretty certain they were not mine. I dropped the swarm into a nuc-box, with a few bare frames, where they appeared to settle. A check of my hives confirmed that they were not likely to be mine. However, my half an hour 'drop in' had by then run into over two hours!

Latest posts

Back