HACCP examples

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyJ01

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
20 odd
HI,
I wondered if any small scale beekeeper would be happy to share their HACCP for a simple honey extraction and bottling operation? I have just registered my premises for the provision of wild venison, over time this will evolve into butchery and other processing steps. When the EHO turns up to inspect the larder and our paperwork I'd rather have the honey side fully documented as well.

Many thanks

Google 'haccp honey' - shires vineyard is the result you want and the word doc linked within.
I'm fairly sure the EHO who inspected me in 2020 brought this is an example. Luckily I had already seen it and amended it for my premises.

Google 'haccp honey' - shires vineyard is the result you want and the word doc linked within.
I'm fairly sure the EHO who inspected me in 2020 brought this is an example. Luckily I had already seen it and amended it for my premises.
That's great, many thanks

There is a good example written by an EHO who is also a beekeeper and wrote “ Food Hygiene for Beekeepers “ - Andy Pedley. It is in the back of the book but gives a very good idea of what is required. Recently inspected by local EHO for Standalone Honey Extraction/ Bottling who liked it. The only addition she requested was a documented complaints procedure and a list of checks to be carried out pre extracting etc. Also very keen on traceability.
Controversial I know for beekeepers but best to keep the authorities on side in my view

Latest posts

Back