Guide to Bees & Honey - Ted Hooper MBE

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I started it was my bible. Another one that is handy as a pure reference book is Wedmore Manual of beekeeping as the plant lists are very good.

The most useful info to memorise so you can read the colony is the very basic table of development. File attached,

PH

Attachments

• Table of Development.pdf
    55.9 KB · Views: 46
I've seen this list published on Ebay - 261 books on a USB peg for £6.95 or £4.65 on a DVD postage free in UK. Nothing to do with me but any thoughts on the titles anyone? Obviously there must be many there just to make up the numbers but some of the titles look good to me - not as nice as owning a copy but a cheap way to discover what copies are worth having on your bookshelf perhaps?

I'm not sure if it's permissible to post the link? As I'm not selling it, purely informing forum members, I'll take the chance but do delete or tell me off people. And there are other offers of more books from different suppliers but they seem to come on DVDs and USB seems more convenient with laptops etc. Anyway, here's the link (or not as the admins deem acceptable) >>>

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164981768181?hash=item2669adfff5:g:WSkAAOSwB-1Y4UHy

Attachments

• The Beekeeping Collection-261 on Ebay.pdf
    198.5 KB · Views: 10
I've seen this list published on Ebay - 261 books on a USB peg for £6.95 or £4.65 on a DVD postage free in UK. Nothing to do with me but any thoughts on the titles anyone? Obviously there must be many there just to make up the numbers but some of the titles look good to me - not as nice as owning a copy but a cheap way to discover what copies are worth having on your bookshelf perhaps?

I'm not sure if it's permissible to post the link? As I'm not selling it, purely informing forum members, I'll take the chance but do delete or tell me off people. And there are other offers of more books from different suppliers but they seem to come on DVDs and USB seems more convenient with laptops etc. Anyway, here's the link (or not as the admins deem acceptable) >>>

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164981768181?hash=item2669adfff5:g:WSkAAOSwB-1Y4UHy
If you like reading ancient bee books and don't mind the vagaries of trying to read badly scanned copies of these ancient tomes on a screen then it's a bargain and will provide you with enough reading for two or three winters when you can't play with the bees. Just don't take too much notice of what is contained in some of them ! Mind you the BBKA are now adding history of beekeeping to the basic syllabus so they will probably add them all to the reading list ... indeed, some members might find them useful to update their current beekeeping methods, :laughing-smiley-014 :icon_204-2::icon_204-2::icon_204-2:

Last edited:
the BBKA are now adding history of beekeeping to the basic syllabus
That's at least a bit of progress - I suppose it is a step closer towards modernity than the dark ages they currently seem to live in

Latest posts

Back