Grinder for powering sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhyolite

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
For anyone who is using powdered sugar for varroa treatment, what grinder do you use if not buying powdered sugar from the shop?

Thank you

I use icing sugar for a sugar shake sample other wise don't waste fine sugar as main dusting treatment, It is proved to be highly inefficient in decreasing numbers.

Last edited:
For anyone who is using powdered sugar for varroa treatment, what grinder do you use if not buying powdered sugar from the shop?

Thank you
I just had a class on powdered sugar for varroa treatment. I’d like to hear your success with said treatment as I was roundly abused here for even proposing it before. However, powdered sugar and a hygienic queen are quickly becoming the first line of defence for varroa here in the states.

Best,
Jacqueline

I just had a class on powdered sugar for varroa treatment. I’d like to hear your success with said treatment as I was roundly abused here for even proposing it before. However, powdered sugar and a hygienic queen are quickly becoming the first line of defence for varroa here in the states.

Best,
Jacqueline
Rhyolite hasn’t been here on the forum for over two years. Somebody else might drop in with their experience.

I was roundly abused here for even proposing it before. However, powdered sugar and a hygienic queen are quickly becoming the first line of defence for varroa here in the states.
You were a new beekeeper telling the old lags here who know a thing or two about varroa how to do it.
Things have changed. You have two years under your belt. Tell us how it’s working out for you.

powdered sugar and a hygienic queen are quickly becoming the first line of defence for varroa here in the states.
probably why they are all wailing about widescale colony collapses and high hive mortality rates

probably why they are all wailing about widescale colony collapses and high hive mortality rates
Maybe for a hobby keeper who can do this once a week and doesn’t care much about the honey it’s fine.
Using Oxalic seems so much kinder on the bees.

Latest posts

Back