Grammar pet hate: the rogue apostrophe

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mute rather than moot is a good one :)

I',m loving it too. I'm coming over all fuddy duddy. 'Should of' instead of 'should have' is the one that makes me wriggle the most.

I always reckoned most of the posters' fuddy duddy postings were indicative of their instincts' baser drivers.
:rules:

Mute rather than moot is a good one :)

Whether a swan is mute is a moot point..

At least with infinity, there is more than enough to split, for everyone to have a slice.

How about split infitives or is it infintive's

infinitives... presuming more than one infinitive ..
and that is a probability of <0.05 that there is more than one infinitive number

but remember that the infinitive's progression could be the square root of minus one ( the progression belonging to that one infinitive ) and there fore is not a real infinitive at all !!!

It's not rocket science... I am sure anyone who can keep bees can easily master the
apostrophe rules in the English language :icon_204-2:

Last edited:
It looks as though some people are getting there knicker's in a twist.

(Double whammy......kerpow)

It's not rocket science... I am sure anyone who can keep bees can easily master the
apostrophe rules in the English language :icon_204-2:

No one can KEEP bees as they keep on swarming... and the apostrophe's rules in the English language make as much sense as the English spelling of :

right/write
sight/cite/site
bear/bare
base/bass
bay/bey
be/bee
beach/beech
beat /beet
pair/pear
boy/buoy
days/daze
beau/bow