Glass fibre mesh

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a temporary travel screen it may be OK, whether the bees would chew through it in the longe term - well, the only way you will find out (I've never seen anyone using this stuff in the UK but I might have seen it used in the USA) is tp try it and see - for what it costs it's worth a punt !

I've
As a temporary travel screen it may be OK, whether the bees would chew through it in the longe term - well, the only way you will find out (I've never seen anyone using this stuff in the UK but I might have seen it used in the USA) is tp try it and see - for what it costs it's worth a punt !
I've just noticed the mesh size is 5mm though so need to find a smaller mesh then will give it a go.

Mine will completely remove the bamboo from foundationless frames and take the metallic layer off Kingspan.
That mesh might last a while but not permanently I'd say.

If you have to buy it it's £24 a roll so unless you can use it elsewhere it probably better to get a few sheets of varroa mesh instead

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back