Giving up

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEG

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15+-some
Tried to post an ad to let people know that I am giving up and will have some equipment for sale, but for some reason its not been passed by admin.
Any reason why?

OMG why you going Craig?

family illness, and not enough time to look after the bees properly.

I can see why then.

hope ur able to take it up again in the future.

Tried to post an ad to let people know that I am giving up and will have some equipment for sale, but for some reason its not been passed by admin.
Any reason why?

I think you have to pay up front now for any for sale post as some were taking the mick with annual nuc selling

Oh heavens, I'm sorry to hear that.

I hope things work out okay for you and your family.

Very sorry to hear there is illness in your family. May the Lord help and guide you all.

Will miss you veg, you have been here a long time and I have always enjoyed your posts. Good luck
E

Sorry to hear that, I hope things get better for you.

Very sad news, Craig :( gonna miss you, mate.
I agree though, I think you made the right decision, at least at this moment in time. Your bees have settled in nicely and been given some supers to play with.
Don't be a stranger, keep in touch and remember what I told you. If you do decide to start up again, we can soon sort that out.
All the very best to you and your family.

Wishing you all the best Craig but don't get rid of everything keep an empty hive or two tucked away somewhere as you never know.

Seems an easy way round paying the £15.

Just post a message saying you've got stuff for sale and ask why hasn't it been passed by admin.

While we are it, why didnt my message get posted saying I have 3 nuc and 3 colonies for sale in North Wales? Same reason I guess?

Seems an easy way round paying the £15.

Just post a message saying you've got stuff for sale and ask why hasn't it been passed by admin.

While we are it, why didnt my message get posted saying I have 3 nuc and 3 colonies for sale in North Wales? Same reason I guess?

The thing is Craig has been a member on here since the site started back in 2008 and has supported the site and helped members as much as he could during that time. He also used to be a stalwart of the chat room and made some good friends in there so I think he can be forgiven for asking the question.

He helped me out lots in that time and I for one will miss him.

I'm only messing around! :)

I personally think if a member contributes to the forum they should be able to post in the for sale section without a fee being charged!

I also think £15 is a bit rich. Basically 10% of a nuc for a posting fee!

I'm only messing around! :)

I personally think if a member contributes to the forum they should be able to post in the for sale section without a fee being charged!

I also think £15 is a bit rich. Basically 10% of a nuc for a posting fee!

It used to be free but then some unprincipled 'members' would go onto the forum once a year to sell their nucs and not contribute in any way.

Some people still have the cheek to complain about that but don't contribute at all towards the upkeep of the site

Latest posts

Back