Fraudlent Police charity going on...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
This is primarily for any business owners on the site.

Been phoned a few times now by an organization claiming to be running adverts in a publication for Derbyshire Police charity. (sub your own area)

When asked for a contact number they put the phone down. When asked for head office info they say all that will be in your pack. When pushed further they put the phone down...

I informed Derbyshire Police and they are very keen for me to try and get the contact info from this outfit as they are well aware it is a complete fraudulent scam.

Be Aware.

PH

But EVERY beekeeper / swarm for free collector would definitely need to be in every policeman's pocket diary !

Possibly same bunch of scammers based in Liverpool who hit Surrey a few years back?
BEE AWARE !

I was phoned by someone claiming to be from the police asking for sponsorship of a publication that details activities for kids in the summer holidays.

Supposedly to reduce anti social behavior. At the time I didn't think anything of it. I said no because they wanted £350 for a 2x4 ad. The same ad is under £50 in the local paper.

I didn't consider it a scam at the time, but thinking back it probably was. All I know is they priced themselves out of their own scam.

I had one 3 weeks ago they were asking me 2 advertise in fire and ambulance service magazine didnt fall for it then read in local paper it was a con surprise surprise

Similar to one a few years ago trying to get ad/sponsorship for 'Be safe' book to go in schools, (Trading Standards were very interested in that one). They wouldn't give their details and I told them never to phone again, but still got regular very plausible calls, aiming to make me feel like a potential paedo if I didn't comply/cough up for it. Interesting they always pick something like the emergency services or medicine or child safety in order to start off from the supposed moral high ground. I hate be sceptical and distrustful, but can't remember the last time I got an honest cold call.

I recently had a payout for PPI insurance, and the cold calls seemed to have stepped up a gear.

One guy told me i could claim the PPI compenstion again as it was through a different company. I unpolitely told him not to be so stupid.

Latest posts

Back