Frames & foundations

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDWOOD

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
I have been searching the net for the cheapest frames and foundations I came across this page, do anybody here use this company and are they good quality
C. Wynne Jones

I use them for jars and foundation, a very nice familly run firm who have always been nothing but friendly and helpfull to deal with ( good prices too ! )

In response

I agree, really helpfull with excellent service- quick delivery and good prices! I often use them for foundation or jars.

I often get my foundation from them. I have noticed it has t*****s on the packet and it is much cheaper, so i reckon they are an agent or whatever for them. Can recommend them, nice people to do business with.

Try maisemore Apiaries for foundation Ive just bought 14 x 12 from them nobody else came any where near for me.

Steve

do your associations not sell this stuff? Mine does at much better prices than the shops. Here is what we pay:

Description Price Unit
Foundation BS D/W £4. 00 10
Foundation BS S/W £2.80 10
Foundation BS drone S/W £2.80 10
BS shallow U/W cut comb £2.30 10
Foundation Langstroth D/W £5.00 10
Foundation Langstroth S/W £3.20 10
Foundation Langstroth cut comb £2.80 10
Foundation Brit Commercial D/W (16x10 £6.00 10
Foundation Modified Dadant Deep £6.00 10
Foundation 14 x 12 wired £6.00 10
Frames DN4 £6.80 10
Frames SN1 £6.00 10

Good prices Winker, The problem I have got is that in Swansea we have no local beekeeping supplies so everything has to be posted and that's the killer, were supplies can be cheap the postage is very high, Most of the major beekeeping shops would do free postage over £100 but now it's £200 so what used to be cheap has now become expensive so now I have reverted to suppliers who don't charge extortionate prices, so far everyone has given me sound advice and will be placing orders when I have finished building my fourth hive and nucs:cheers2:

do your associations not sell this stuff? Mine does at much better prices than the shops.

Do you have an arrangement with some one or a trade bulk buy. If so can you give more info please?

Do you have an arrangement with some one or a trade bulk buy. If so can you give more info please?

We do a wax turn-in with Thorns, all the members hand in their wax at the BKA AGM meeting, this year we need over 1000lb to trade back to get our foundation at these prices and we smashed that and got in around 1300lb handed in, so we got a 300lb credit for next time.

The frames we buy bulk in the sales.

Last edited:
KBS nice foundation, CWJ helpfull nothing too much trouble quick delivery reasonable selection sometimes seconds etc, NBS nice frames more expensive. I need more Langstroth frames brood/shallow if anyone knows a good source!

Sorry I don't have any bulk buy arrangements, I don't trade old wax as I don't get much with 3 hives and what I do get I mould into little blocks and give as gifts so thank you all for your suggestions.

Thanks for that! i was just about to put an foundation order in with Th**nes when i saw that :) Much better deals.

Cheers,
Lauri

"I don't trade old wax as I don't get much with 3 hives and what I do get I mould into little blocks and give as gifts"

cleaned up i hope!

Redwood if you are in this awkward position there may well be others locally who are too. Try and find them and build a little group to bulk buy thus sharing the delivery costs. Win win?

PH

Find a cheap source of timber, so buy as wood, and make your own? Seems you have the necessary equipment.

Latest posts

Back