Foundation in the Wiltshireish area

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteinwilts

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Lots and lots
Hi Guys

As some of you may or may not have read, I will be ordering Foundation next Friday evening from KBS.
If any localish people wants to buy a smallish amount wants to gain as much discount as possible, feel free to send me their order, and I will bolt it on.

Discounts available are:-

over £175 = 10% discount

over £400 = 20% discount

over £500 = free delivery

If I am passing, I am happy to drop foundation off or meet at a convenient place. The object is for all partakers to save as much money as possible.

I live near Malmesbury and work in Melksham. I often go roaming with work, but rarely know where until a day or two before I go. My roaming trips cannot be gaurenteed.

I often visit my sisters in Basingstoke and Weston Super Mare

I often go to Football matchs and plan to go to Cardiff on 22nd February (evening), QPR on the 5th March and Reading on the 16th April. All of these are tickets and weather permitting, but the only risky one of the three is likely to be QPR.

If others want to create a route, feel free (I have a couple of offers already), but I must stress, I cannot be held responsible for anyone at the end of a route that is let down by someone that is performing the route.

If you wish to buy and have a route, please offer the route on this thread, but organise via PM's amongst yourselves to try and keep the noise off the thread.

The popular 3 prices (at the time of typing!) are:-

British standard brood (wired)= £8.10 for 10 without discount

British Standard shallow (wired) = £5.15 for 10 without discount

14x12 (wired) = £13.90 for 10 without discount

for anything else, please look on the KBS pricesheet.

If you want to purchase, PM or post on thread, I don't mind. please, please only PM or post if you are definate and not a maybe. If you live in a remote location, please organise a route prior to PMing\posting.
If you need to cancel, please let me know as quickly as you can. I am ordering anyway, so there is no skin off of my nose.

If the order starts to approach £1000, I may need some cash up front. If you want to pay up front, that is also fine... PM me and i'll send you details, but not until nearer the time.

I am not here to make a profit. This is just an arrangement where all partakers save money. If you wish to donate a very small sample of your honey (for scientific purposes only :drool5:), I would be very happy, but it is completely optional and certainly not a requirement (I am always interested in what other peoples honey tastes like!).

Please try and let this thread stick to the point. Orders and routes only please!

If this works, I will do it again...and may try the same for sugar, fondent, jars and anything else that can be bought in bulk. This is completely experimental!

Cheers
Pete

I should add there is already £449.95 of confirmed orders! :hurray:

I'll also be going to Gloucester in the first weekend in March

3 x 10 sheets of Langstroth brood, please. 31.65 ish, I make it.

I can get you the cash if you need it. Gloucester drop off would be ace, or I can a friend to pick it up from you.

Cheers.

FG

I have put an order in with Pete and i will be collecting from him, i am based in Bedfordshire and am willing to collect pre paid orders for anyone if they can then collect from me.

I have just placed an order, I travel from Bristol to Yeovil regularly so if there is anyone that is on route (M5 as far as Taunton, or the A37, I use both roads regularly) then let me know and I'll happily carry as much as I can.

be aware that there is a limit on how much I can carry because i ride a bike, it does have panniers and a top box, but even so I cant carry millions of sheets ;)

Will be putting in my order later today or tomorrow latest. Anybody in my area I am happy to get it to Basingstoke and then sort deliveries out for those in Hampshire that might want to participate.

pretend i'm being stupid, but how does the discount structure work?

you've stated that there's already £449.95 of confirmed orders, so does that mean all orders are now - 20% of the list price?

what happens when it tops £500, which if i order it easily will..... it it free delivery plus - 20% of list price?

:willy_nilly:

we are already a little way of £500, so we are good for 20% discount and a free delivery. (note a single drop point per £500 order!)

'if' the numbers keep building, we could divide the amount into £500 orders and have multiple drop points. :coolgleamA:

for anything else, please look on the KBS pricesheet.

just for one more second, pretend i've even thicker than i was before.....

where do i find the KBS pricesheet?

I've googled it and come up with a big box of b*gger all..... :leaving:

sometimes i wonder why simple things baffle me so much..... :banghead:

Hi Guys

I am thinking about doing this again early next year. (January\February)

Although my own personal need is a lot less (famous last words!), it is still worth it and I expect I will probably do it again anyway.

please note the original post for rules, although the prices will probably be different and the football matches I attend will be different.

If anyone is interested in partaking, drop me a PM. No comitments need to be made until nearer the time...

Cheers
Pete

Hi Guys

I am thinking about doing this again early next year. (January\February)

Although my own personal need is a lot less (famous last words!), it is still worth it and I expect I will probably do it again anyway.

please note the original post for rules, although the prices will probably be different and the football matches I attend will be different.

If anyone is interested in partaking, drop me a PM. No comitments need to be made until nearer the time...

Cheers
Pete

Hi Pete,

count me in!

will not be able to check what i need exactly until the weekend, but will PM you after i've checked.

I can deliver along the M6 / A14 corridor, if anyone wants to tack an order on the back of mine.....

cheers,

Winmag

Thought too late...if someone could get somewhere near us (Honiton ish) along A30 we could be a collection point or deliver along A30 to Buckfast (we will go weekly from Feb...) OR we have a one night break in Bournemouth in Feb...

Latest posts

Back