For the kiddie winks

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erichalfbee

Super Moderator
Staff member
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
For those of us with small children and grandchildren. Don't forget to take them out on Christmas Eve to look for the ISS in the early evening sky....It's santa's sleigh :)
Google spotthestation and you can get the exact time.

Last edited:
Thankyou for a wonderful idea.

I've forwarded it to a couple of other lists that I'm on.

As a budding astronaut of the 60s I'd like to think I'd have seen through similar, but I know my sister would have lived off the idea for years.

We'll be looking out tomorrow night even though we have no kids available to use as an excuse.

Merry Xmas

From the Somerset guardian;
"According to Nasa, the best chance to see the ISS over Bath and North East Somersewill be at 5.22pm on Christmas Eve and lasts for roughly four minutes.

It will appear from the west and disappear over the south eastern horizon.

The second opportunity comes at 6.58pm and will challenge even the more keen stargazers as it will only be visible for a minute".

try http://iss.astroviewer.net/

enter location in the observations page and there are specific details on tracking. Laptop into the garden help! Small telescope will show the solar panels but its travelling at over 4 miles a second (and only 260 miles up) so difficult to keep in view.

Latest posts

Back