For the good for the hive...crappy deal for the drones

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must let my local chip shop to put the masks out with their disposable forks and the salt then ...

Not funny pargyle. It is a question of concentration 3-9% for your chips and 80% for treating your combs with ready mix from the 'bee shop'.

Not funny pargyle. It is a question of concentration 3-9% for your chips and 80% for treating your combs with ready mix from the 'bee shop'.

So that would go well with "Fission Chips"?

I'll get my coat...

Hi jeff33, Hope all the gear includes a respiratory mask for fumes, if you consider vaping. H&S requirement for using one for acetic acid!

Well I thought it was funny ... but we were talking about vaping Oxalic Acid and now you have thrown acetic acid into the same pot ... acetic acid can indeed be used for cleaning hives ... but I would not put it anywhere near a hive with bees still in it ... it would probably kill all the mites at 80% but would probably do the same to the bees !!

For those in any doubt:

"Acetic acid is very corrosive and will act on metals, or skin with vigour so use plastic containers and wear protective gloves.
Solution strength is 80%. Using Glacial you need 4 parts acid to 1 part water.
Quantity is 120 ml 9about quarter pint) per brood box.
Procedure:
vaseline metal runners.
Use solid floor with entrance firmly blocked.
Brood box placed on floor and place absorbent pads saturated with the correct amount of acid on the top of the brood frames,
Add second box and pads as above.
Repeat for each box
Top with crown board with feed holes covered and sealed.
Seal all joints with duck tape, masking tape or similar.
Leave for two weeks
Remove seals and pads and allow boxes to air.
The acid will react on concrete and the boxes will air better in the open where the sun can warm the boxes."

FOR CLEANING BOXES AND COMBS ... Not killing mites ...

Well I thought it was funny ... but we were talking about vaping Oxalic Acid and now you have thrown acetic acid into the same pot

:iagree:
it was a totally irrelevant and random statement (nothing new there) so fair game to be treated as a joke

Back