Fondant

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Anyone willing to share fondant prices and location so we can all benefit?

I'm looking for some in the Wiltshire / Bristol and M4 corridor to London areas for fondant at these amazingly low prices.

Preston Bako - £7.52 per 12.5kg

No doubt can be had for cheaper if buying in bulk.

that was for 250kg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Think that price was just for buying 10 blocks but need to spend £150 to get free delivery.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

£11.42 for 12.5kg box.... that was per single box collected from Friers Pride in Peterborough. They do have a website and other sites in UK. May well be cheaper if bought in bulk....

£9.50 for 12.5kg local baker

Bako South West - £8.50 for 12.5 kg , £150 minimum order -no delivery charge

Prices do vary depending on location BAKO SE over £16 for 12.5kg pack.

Havent been to shepcote in Driffield this year to get my winter amount will find out shortly it was £9 last year

Bako South West - £8.50 for 12.5 kg , £150 minimum order -no delivery charge

Do you get your fondant from the Bako based at Cullompton, and if so when was the last time you ordered from them? We used to get ours from there but last year they rang us to say that we needed to spend £2,500 a year with them before they would deal with us, even though we had been buying fondant off them for a number of years.

Val

Haven't tried this year but hopefully as they deliver a couple of doors away - might be ok.

Do you get your fondant from the Bako based at Cullompton, and if so when was the last time you ordered from them? We used to get ours from there but last year they rang us to say that we needed to spend £2,500 a year with them before they would deal with us, even though we had been buying fondant off them for a number of years.

Unfortunately, as well as each BAKO area being autonomous, so are each branch, therefore the policy/price setting is all up to the branch manager. Luckily our branch manager has aimed for low margins and high turnover so His fondant prices are really low and he will even supply non members with small quantities (as long as thery buy over the minimum limit of £60.00) A few years ago they even gifted us with half a pallet of 'out of date' invert syrup returned by the customer for disposal.

Latest posts

Back