First Sting of the season

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithgrimes

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
But it won't be the last no doubt. Putting a dummy board and feeder in a very weak colony. 'i don't need smoke, I'll only be in a second'. Wrong. Straight through the trousers just above the knee.:svengo:

This may sound funny but i cant wait to be stung! This is going to be my first year as a beekeeper, and i have yet to findout how i will cope with being stung.

I think I only got about 4 stings last year - not bad I think. However, I've had one already this year and I've only done one inspection!

This may sound funny but i cant wait to be stung! This is going to be my first year as a beekeeper, and i have yet to findout how i will cope with being stung.

I felt like that last year but after the first 2 or 3 i got bored!

Forgot........ I got Stung well and truly by an estate agent.

WARNING

If you should be as stupid as I was and sign a contract with one of these vile thieving misbegotten sons of a jasper, you are in to pay them a commission on your house, for 66 weeks!
No matter who sells your house........... fight it in court? OK, and the Most Honourable deems you pay your own costs (£23K I was quoted)

The Estate Agents Act advises that a" Property Ombudsman scheme" should be joined by the said estate agent to negotiate in cases of dispute! Few have joined!!!
The Office for Fair Trading (OFT) even say that the law desperately needs to be changed!!!

Forget what the estate agent says to you ... somewhere buried in the contractual small print will be sole selling rights

I GOT STUNG WELL AND TRULY!!
I found my own buyer, negotiated the sale, and completed the transaction.
The estate agent that sells waterfront and country properties throughout the South West of England has even attempted to GAG me with court action if I complain..... NICE PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH !!!!
Rant over:gnorsi:

Yes indeed!!!
We are selling our house and when you sign the contract you have to make sure you are signing sole agent not sole selling rights.
Your solicitor should point this out to you if you don't look yourself. This is a good reason for getting a draft contract done with your conveyancer before you even touch an agent. I sold my last house on Houseladder and bypassed any fees even though the house was being advertised....badly....by an agent.

Last edited:
Yes indeed!!!
We are selling our house and when you sign the contract you have to make sure you are signing sole agent not sole selling rights.
Your solicitor should point this out to you if you don't look yourself. This is a good reason for getting a draft contract done with your conveyancer before you even touch an agent. I sold my last house on Houseladder and bypassed any fees even though the house was being advertised....badly....by an agent.

I did that..... insisted on a SOLE AGENCY made no difference... small print gave the bas***ds SOLE SELLING RIGHTS........
unfortunately the solicitors it not the first place most people go when putting their house on the market!

My solicitor agreed that in law I did not owe the estate agents a fee as I had been duped / mis sold the estate agents service BUT EVEN IF I WON THE CASE I WOULD PROBABLY HAVE TO PAY MY OWN COSTS !!!!!! (£23K!)

OUCH!
I WAS TRULY STUNG !!!

:willy_nilly:

Back to the bee stings......
I got 4 on Friday, 2 on one ear which then had me looking like Martin Clunes on just one half of my head on Saturday. Wife called me Shrek and all in all wasnt a great day !

I got my first sting of the season last weekend on the allotment without even going near them - do they react to certain shampoo - it seems it is always me they go for. They are persistent and a couple followed me across the field.

Did first inspection of year on saturday and found that there was only one empty frame in the BB and they were building comb through the crown board so I have put a super on.

Next day on the allotment - they were after me again and then stung my son - one landed on his head and stung him despite him keeping still.

I have plenty of brood of all stages so the queen is there, and lots of pollen coming in. How long do you put up with bad behaved bees before requeening?

Back