First frost this morning

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poggle

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Well, I think Autumn has finally arrived in South Dorset:) The cars were covered in frost this morning where we live. This is a bit of a sheltered area as well so, I am looking forwards to seeing what the polytunnel temps were on the allotment over night. I had better make another load of fondant as well methinks.

Yup, we do frost here too. Time to rescue the rest of the tomatoes for indoor ripening and think about hive insulation.

We had our first frost last Saturday. What's all this malarkey then about south being warmer than north. I hope we're not situated in a frost trap :eek: We are up against a woodland.

BL

We had our first frost last Saturday. What's all this malarkey then about south being warmer than north. I hope we're not situated in a frost trap :eek: We are up against a woodland.

BL

Our first frost was about two weeks ago. As we are used to them, we don't make a fuss about it..unlike soft southerners :bigear:

Eastern Lakes. If you still work in Cumberland Westmorland just a few miles into Cumberland out of Westmorland.

Gotcha :)
Love the Westmorland county show :)(2nd Thursday in September folks )
Now held at Crooklands instead of Kendal !
My wife is pretty good at predicting winners in the Cumberland/Westmorland wrestling :)
VM

Brill Show. Hubby is in mountain rescue so we get in for nothing to man the stand.
Talking of Eastern Lakes I have been up Helvellyn eight times and never seen Striding Edge for the weather!!!

Brill Show. Hubby is in mountain rescue so we get in for nothing to man the stand.
Talking of Eastern Lakes I have been up Helvellyn eight times and never seen Striding Edge for the weather!!!
Walk down from Catbells to Seatoller is steep enough for me :D and that was when I had young legs :)
VM

You are obviously approaching from the wrong side :rolleyes:

Minimum overnight temp was +5C but the grass was white with frost :willy_nilly:

Mouse guards all put on today and insulation dusted off and ready when the Apiguard ekes come off in a weeks time.

All hives were weighed and are pushing my 40kg "norm", in fact 2 were 42.15kg and 45.85kg respectively - thanks Ivy:)

Poggle, not far from you, -2.5 deg C last night, and drones being thrown out in large quantities today. Winter is coming.

Latest posts

Back