finmans hives in Finland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the first unsolicited post regarding the condition of his bees that I can remember him making.. and 20 hives......somewhat different to previous hints of 200 or just not answering at all when asked.

He hasnt seen any varroa lately...Thats understandable when he always says he "doesnt mite count...waster of time..gains nothing"

Poor man. But brilliant brain work.
Traditional village detective, I suppose.

Last edited:
You need to spend more time with your bees instead of wasting it here..
Get a hobby.

Hi finman,
how many frames of brood do you have now ?

what do you do when you see egg in queen cups ?
I put another box of foundation and destroy the queen cups with eggs.

How many brood frames.... No smallest idea

Eggs in queen cells.... I say some qualified ugly words

No offence meant by this Finman but how come some of your older posts are really good English but some lately arent very good? I dont mean this nastily but are you really from Helsinki? It is a bit odd that if you are, that you comment so much on a UK forum? & know what the weather is like here.:rolleyes:

No offence meant by this Finman but how come some of your older posts are really good English but some lately arent very good? I dont mean this nastily but are you really from Helsinki? It is a bit odd that if you are, that you comment so much on a UK forum? & know what the weather is like here.:rolleyes:

From the person who describes his location as 'Earth'…. are you really from Earth?

In my experience anyone who starts a sentence with 'No offence meant' generally is hell bent on offending. No offence meant but I think they are both on another planet ....:sifone:

In my experience anyone who starts a sentence with 'No offence meant' generally is hell bent on offending. No offence meant but I think they are both on another planet ....:sifone:

No offence taken.:icon_204-2:

I kept bees in Helsinki for 4 years and know Finman personally, if anyone doubts he is real.
One might think that up north it is harsh, but actually in summer it is a bee paradise. Low bee density up there means healthy bees. Forage is continuous, interrupted only by some heavy flows.

Then I moved to Italy and here the situation is very different. Virus infections are keeping under check the bee density. Dearth periods occur unpredictably. And these problems are a lot more difficult to handle than a long quiet winter.

Forum moderators/admin have the ability to view the IP of members, thus have a general idea where they are posting from unless using a proxy.

Boca built quite a towers, and got very good yield from them.

I have never met a guy who multiplys so fast hive number as Boca did. It must be a record in Finland.

A talent beekeeper, I would say.

Will you be considering taking up residence there?

I am sure it is a country that has excellent features for beekeeping.
No competition for forage, negligible bureaucracy, good service for extraction, easy to sell the products.

It is definitely on option for me to go back as a full time beekeeper.

Back