Finding a new beekeeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preyingmantos

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Unfortunately, our chap from the continent has decided to take his last sting. The flagging pound, variable weather and our aggressive bees has sent him packing.

This leaves us with a massive surplus of bees, high honey demand that we cant meet.

Any pointers on where to find someone willing to lend a hand? There used to be site api jobs It seems to have disappeared.

Any pointers from the community?

Further explanation about what you are talking about might be helpful in eliciting a positive response.
My impossibly wrong interpretation from your post is that your paid less than minimum wage beekeeper has legged it and you have vicious bees and can't meet your promised honey harvests and need someone to save your arssse.

ooops ok sorry let me rephrase that. He actually really enjoyed the job but of course working in this country isn't as profitable as it once was with the exchange rate and all. I think this is typical of many farming industry jobs. It was hardly minimum wage, so i'm sorry i gave that impression.

He is, and will continue to be one of my best friends.

I actually meant it takes a pretty stern person to work in challenging conditions with variable weather, and fickle bees...

I'm hardly an aggressive slave master. In fact i participated in the apprenticeship scheme and and looking to attract other people into this challenging, but rewarding profession.

ooops ok sorry let me rephrase that. He actually really enjoyed the job but of course working in this country isn't as profitable as it once was with the exchange rate and all. I think this is typical of many farming industry jobs. It was hardly minimum wage, so i'm sorry i gave that impression.

He is, and will continue to be one of my best friends.

I actually meant it takes a pretty stern person to work in challenging conditions with variable weather, and fickle bees...

I'm hardly an aggressive slave master. In fact i participated in the apprenticeship scheme and and looking to attract other people into this challenging, but rewarding profession.

Your profile says your in the uk with 0 hives ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you pack up working in this country and move to another then?

He said it was his employee who was from the continent did not find it profitable; which is a valid complaint given the way the pound has gone.

Im very happy in the country thanks. All im asking is for some pointers on where to look for potentially interested people (like do people place ads in newspapers etc), im not trying to cause a storm here! Sorry if I've come across badly, it was never my intention!

He said it was his employee who was from the continent did not find it profitable; which is a valid complaint given the way the pound has gone.

Thanks for the support from the angry mob, Angry_Mob. Just to clarify i'm just an employee.

Yes, newspapers local or national, on the internet... or try the bee farmers magazine.

I'm thinking of placing an Ad in the local news agents.

Being seasonal work is quite challenging.... and for full time employment you have to make a lot of honey!

I'm also wondering if its best to look for someone with experience (limited applicants), or to start a fresh..... hmmmm... difficult one

and for full time employment you have to make a lot of honey!

...and you do make a lot of honey, over thirty tons a year with your average on 300 colonies.

I'm also wondering if its best to look for someone with experience (limited applicants), or to start a fresh..... hmmmm... difficult one

Start fresh.

Not if its all spent on expensive toys hahah ;)

Start fresh. Gotya. No bad habits you have to iron out.

That's very interesting Anduril, thanks for that.

Philippines though? Can you even get a visa through for that?

Unfortunately, our chap from the continent has decided to take his last sting. The flagging pound, variable weather and our aggressive bees has sent him packing.

This leaves us with a massive surplus of bees, high honey demand that we cant meet.

Any pointers on where to find someone willing to lend a hand? There used to be site api jobs It seems to have disappeared.

YES do not employ or use people from abroad that can not speak English , also do not try to do something that you are not capable of finishing.

Maybe its the cider but hidden/secret agenda strikes me here.

Latest posts

Back