ezi grip syringe wont refill (help)

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith pierce

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I am going to do my treatment over the next few day and am just checking my equipment. I use an animal dozer with a back pack that automatically refills to the pre-set amount. I can't get it to refill unless I put my finger over the end of the outlet after I had pressed the trigger. This is going to slow up the progress of treating the hives alot as I hold a little led lenser light in the other hand to see where the bees are in the frames. Any come across this problem before and how did you solve it.

I think the oxalic deteriorates the seals I am sure I read it on here some where.

Yep...the 'O' rings have gone............you can redo them with new rings.....you just need the size...................OR

Just go to your local ag supplies dealership or farmers co-op.........put on your saddest puppy eyes and plead the case of the dying bees....................and they will probably give you a new one for next to zip all, or even zip all. They sometimes have a stock of them given as freebies by the sheep drench or dose suppliers.

Not completely sure if its the oxalic or the sugar that attacks the seals, but the only way to be sure they will last a long time is a severe flushing through with fresh clean water EVERY day after you use them. They can lose function almost overnight.

Last edited:
Could try a plumbers merchant. I have known such places who sell boxes of mixed size "O" rings who keep a box on one side which they use for supplying to odd one or two from.

Hi Keith

Yes I too had a problem with a similar dosing gun, not solved it yet (it has a metering problem as well). I just went back to using my old lamb dosing gun. If this one packs up, I will do as ITLD suggests & go back again to my agric merchant for a new one.
Some they get, will be to issue foc when you buy a pack of wormer, so it will depend on their stock.

we have filling machine with rubber seals on the probes and we cured it by useing ptfe seals hope it helps

hi keith
i would take it back where i bought it, as they would have a kit for your particular
make and model, there are o rings and a flap- some form of a one way valve
none return on those, failing that take it to any good agri vet or agri supplier
will have o rings, must be silicone or better, if it is a Phillips model you
should have no problem with parts,
gerard

Latest posts

Back