Expensive SN4 frames?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have use for 50 SN4's they are probably not bad at a couple of quid a frame. They are fully assembled and complete with wax in them, afterall. If you need 50 frames at once, it takes me a while to make them up. If you need a small number per year, you forget the time spent making half a dozen here and there.

Must be me being a total tight wad then!!....over 3 quid a frame sounds blimmin expensive to me. Still cant find anywhere in the thornes catalogue where they're selling frames for over £30 for ten though. Maybe I've just got short arms and long pockets?

Thornes are charging £26.43 + VAT for the SN4 frames assembled (£31.06)
£3.11 per frame.
At the current price, whoever wins them will be paying £2.16 a frame fully assembled and delivered.
Its quite likely the frames are seconds and the wax is the cheapest grade, but to be fair, its competitive with the Thornes price.
I think for the few minutes of work it is to assemble them, that I'm going to continue to put them together myself! You'd have to need them in a hurry to justify the extra price.
I suppose there are quite a few people that would rather pay than do it themselves though.

Thornes are charging £26.43 + VAT for the SN4 frames assembled (£31.06)
£3.11 per frame.
At the current price, whoever wins them will be paying £2.16 a frame fully assembled and delivered.
Its quite likely the frames are seconds and the wax is the cheapest grade, but to be fair, its competitive with the Thornes price.
Chuffin Nora!!!....didnt even think about checking for ready assembled ones!!!...I'm Gobsmacked!....I stand corrected :svengo:

Latest posts

Back